what's a good gaming mouse for small hands?

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

what's a good gaming mouse for small hands?

Postposted on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 pm

I play a lot of FPS. I use a Razer Krait because it is small-ish but am looking for suggestions.

I guess I go claw style - arching my hand over the mouse body and using fingertips to control it, thumb hard on left side.

Death Adder? G9X?

Logitech mx 518 seemed big. Thanks.
ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber

Re: what's a good gaming mouse for small hands?

Postposted on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 am

moriz
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 am

Personally I like the kinzu, small and ambidextrous. If you search for feedback on esreality, you'll see people complaining about +/- acceleration on the pixart sensor, but whatever.
cegras
Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:45 pm

I am a fan of the G9x but I have XXL gorilla paws (almost a 10" span). I find it a good fit for claw grip because of the rough vertical sides (on the rough-grip shell) but it's neither small nor narrow.

If you want a smaller mouse, look at some of the upper end "mobile" mice from Logitech/Microsoft.
<insert large, flashing, epileptic-fit-inducing signature (based on the latest internet-meme) here>
Chrispy_
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:28 pm

Chrispy_ wrote: If you want a smaller mouse, look at some of the upper end "mobile" mice from Logitech.
My VX Nano is a good example. Unfortunately, it's been discontinued.
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 am

The NZXT Avatar S is cheap but it works quite well in my experience. It is similar in length to most mice but is much narrower.
I am jaded. I am cynical.
lilbuddhaman
Gerbil First Class
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:47 pm

So I bought a corsair M60. It seemed really large - longer, higher and wider than my Razer Krait. Kinzu seemed too small, others had potential - thanks for the info.

That said, the M60 fits my actually exactly medium hands well. I get what others have said about the sniper button being 1/2" or so too far forward. The width is actually a bonus. It has an etched left side which is nice too - and not slippery.

Initial impressions are very good. The feel of the buttons is good.

Instructions, etc, however, are terrible. I got the manual and software online after looking at a silly "start here" handout that basically says plug it into a USB slot in 4 frames. No mention of software at all in the package.

Now to play with weights and software.

Very much worth a look.
ordskiweicz
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm

ordskiweicz wrote:I play a lot of FPS. I use a Razer Krait because it is small-ish but am looking for suggestions.

I guess I go claw style - arching my hand over the mouse body and using fingertips to control it, thumb hard on left side.

Death Adder? G9X?

Logitech mx 518 seemed big. Thanks.

Death adder is certainly NOT for small hands, I have fairly big hands and the mx518 always felt small-ish in my hand. The deathadder is bigger and feels better for me.
Firestarter
Gerbil XP

Return to General Hardware