ASUS Z87-Deluxe Video

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

ASUS Z87-Deluxe Video

Postposted on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:14 am

Does anyone know if the on board video controller on the ASUS Z87 will work in conjunction with and add-in video controller? In essence, I want to use 6 displays; three connected on-board and three connected to the add-in controller.

Yes, I am new to the forum.
Dwight
Gerbil In Training

Re: ASUS Z87-Deluxe Video

Postposted on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:31 am

Howdy Dwight, welcome!

I know for sure you can use the Intel integrated graphics and an add-in discrete board at the same time, because I've done it. What I don't know is if the Intel integrated graphics will push 3 monitors.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:37 am

Thanks for the welcome and the commentary.

The Motherboard manual says the on board controller supports 3 three displays; one each on the displayport, mini displayport and the HDMI port.
Dwight
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 am

If the manufacturer's specs says so then there's no reason to believe otherwise. I do know that you can have both enabled and have monitors hooked up to both simultaneously, so happy power-tasking! :D :D :D

There's most likely a setting in the UEFI about whether the integrated graphics are enabled/disabled/automatic. If you can explicitly select enabled, do that. Otherwise it's going to be controlled by whether or not it detects a monitor plugged in to one of the mobo ports at the time the machine is booted.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Return to General Hardware