led scoreboard

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

led scoreboard

Postposted on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:30 pm

so i just bought my son a huge old school rod hockey table, and i want to make an led scoreboard to attach to it, it only has to be small, but i am trying to figure a out a way to trigger the led to change the score, wether its in the net, or just a button near the rods we can manually hit. now im not sure how hard this will be, just looking for a little insight and help, thanks all
I7-860, 2x4 gig crucial ballistix ram,64 gb kingston ssdnow, 2tb wd fyps2002, ihas rev b burner, radeon 5850, rocketfish 900 watt, coolermaster elite
willyjwebb
Gerbil

Re: led scoreboard

Postposted on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:34 pm

If you google, "led scoreboard" you can get some ideas. A sophisticated way to do it would be to have a simple controller that would use a motion sensor to detect when the ball went into the net, then increment the scoreboard by one. Sounds like a fun project!
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III
FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Re: led scoreboard

Postposted on Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 am

Sounds like a job for Mr. Arduino or his friend .NET Gadgeteer. Both should have a nice selection of modular boards to do what you want, motion sensors and the like.
NovusBogus
Gerbil Elite

Return to General Hardware