Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Wonder when a upgrade card for Thunderbolt 2 will come out

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:00 pm

I Wonder when a upgrade card for Thunderbolt 2 will come out that will work in most any motherboard that has a PCI Express 2.0 x4 slot available ?

ASUS has one you can add to 9 of there Z87 motherboards including the....MAXIMUS VI EXTREME, SABERTOOTH Z87, Z87-PRO, Z87-PRO(V EDITION), Z87-PLUS, Z87-PLUS(VivoMouse EDITION), Z87-A and the Z87-A(NFC EXPRESS EDITION)

Right now USB3 is quick enough but I would not mind having a much faster interface to a Killer great looking 10TB Thunderbolt 2 NAS system for storage and why not some extra Display ports not leading directly to the computer. Seperate display for the wife. Plus I will have to make sure it has a headset output or sum thing. That is once Tbolt Nas systems go down in price.

One other thing I would love to have as a option for windows....Say you have 2 monitors, 2 mice and 2 keyboards. I think it would be so freaking awesome if 2 people could use their own mouse keyboard and display and share the computer say for everything except gaming unless you have separate graphics cards maybe:) but I am sure that this is possible also...one person gaming and one person surfing the net or whatever. If this is already possible please let me know.
Computers are so fast these days I do not see why 2 people can not share one and use it at the same time as one another...like i said if this is possible please let me know.
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: Wonder when a upgrade card for Thunderbolt 2 will come o

Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 am

There is the Linux Terminal Project, and Windows might be able to do it if you setup a Terminal Server.