I can not charge the battery

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

I can not charge the battery

Postposted on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 pm

My Toshiba NB255-N250 notebook has two years old, the use of the computer, the battery has not been taken down. Now only 40 percent battery, I tried many times to charge the battery, ensure that it is one hundred percent, but have failed, I began to wonder, is not a problem with my adapter or the battery there is a problem? In order to ensure the normal use of the computer, I began searching for my adapter. Then i see this: highding.com/52-power-adapter-charger-for-toshiba-nb200-nb205-nb255-series.html
I'm not sure whether it is compatible to my Toshiba NB255-N250, if i replace the adapter, the battery still can not reach one hundred percent, can explain a battery problem? Or I use wrong?
Any reply will be very grateful
leevjohn
Gerbil In Training

Re: I can not charge the battery

Postposted on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Let the notebook run until it dies from lack of battery. Fully recharge the battery without turning on the notebook. Perform this cycle once again.

If you still get bad battery life it's time for a new battery. Note/Lap batteries that stay plugged in all the time lose any sense of how much charge they really hold.
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Re: I can not charge the battery

Postposted on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 am

Just on the odd chance that strange thing happened to me might be happening to you, do you have a serial cable lying around (like a Cisco rollover cable, etc...)?

I had a work laptop that would not charge AT ALL, unless I also had a rollover cable plugged into the the serial port and the other end plugged into an active Cisco Router/Switch. Ended up convincing DELL to replace the Mobo on their dime.
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite

Return to General Hardware