Das $90 Keyboard

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

Das $90 Keyboard

Postposted on Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 am

From Woot!

Choose Blue, Brown, or Red keys. Pay $90. Get mechanical keyboard. I think think only puts it in the range of the Rosewill models, but I think this model is still popular.
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

-Probably the best Damage quote ever.
superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Re: Das $90 Keyboard

Postposted on Wed May 14, 2014 8:24 am

If you're looking for MX Brown switches, there's a CM QuickFire XT for $80 at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823129022

And then there's Blues available from Monoprice for $60: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 am

That's a decent price for a Das. They were part of the "first wave" of the mechanical keyboard revival a few years ago.

It includes a PS/2 adapter (for those who insist on full n-key rollover) and has a built-in USB hub, so it does have a little more going for it than the no-frills Monoprice unit.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed May 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Honestly I wasn't sure if anyone would actually be interested in this. Das was definitely the go-to keyboard if you wanted mechanical (and not buckling springs), but now that virtually every manufacturer has discovered Cherry MX, there isn't much unique about Das Keyboard.
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

-Probably the best Damage quote ever.
superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Return to General Hardware