Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nemesis

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Das $90 Keyboard

Wed May 14, 2014 7:05 am

From Woot!

Choose Blue, Brown, or Red keys. Pay $90. Get mechanical keyboard. I think think only puts it in the range of the Rosewill models, but I think this model is still popular.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Das $90 Keyboard

Wed May 14, 2014 8:24 am

If you're looking for MX Brown switches, there's a CM QuickFire XT for $80 at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823129022

And then there's Blues available from Monoprice for $60: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=1 ... 1&format=2
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

just brew it!
Administrator

Wed May 14, 2014 10:19 am

That's a decent price for a Das. They were part of the "first wave" of the mechanical keyboard revival a few years ago.

It includes a PS/2 adapter (for those who insist on full n-key rollover) and has a built-in USB hub, so it does have a little more going for it than the no-frills Monoprice unit.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Wed May 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Honestly I wasn't sure if anyone would actually be interested in this. Das was definitely the go-to keyboard if you wanted mechanical (and not buckling springs), but now that virtually every manufacturer has discovered Cherry MX, there isn't much unique about Das Keyboard.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.