printing issue with computer?

Don't see a specific place for your hardware question? This is the forum for you!

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nemesis

printing issue with computer?

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:02 pm

Okay so i have an hp officejet 6500a which is having weird printing issues
as in one colour being used and stripes even after alignment all sorts of other things to clean head being done
even after changing the head it dint work right after a couple pages it would go bad again

i gave up on it today and got a new inkjet from epson L200
guess what same issue im starting to think its my computer but what exactly?
i have win 8.1 which was freshly installed 2months ago the problem was before the format and after also so i doubt its the operating system i dont know what else to think off

any suggestions?
Last edited by killadark on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
AMD FX-8350|Sabetooth 990FX|8gb Kingston Hyper X|Samsung SSD 120g 840|AMD R9 290 TRI-X
TT ToughPower 850w,Thermaltake Xaser vi ,Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
killadark
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: weirdest printing issue

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:08 pm

"Weird printing issues" is about as vague a problem statement as I've ever seen here. Without a more specific characterization of exactly what problems you're seeing, I can't imagine how anyone can help you.
UberGerbil
Gerbil Khan

Re: printing issue with computer?

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:32 pm

If you wear glasses, check to make sure the guys at work didn't draw on them with different color highlighters when you set them down somewhere.
i5 2500k - P67 - GTX660 - 840 Pro 256GB - Xonar Essence STX - Senn HD595's
The Egg
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:38 pm

The Egg wrote:If you wear glasses, check to make sure the guys at work didn't draw on them with different color highlighters when you set them down somewhere.

:D
its at home :P
AMD FX-8350|Sabetooth 990FX|8gb Kingston Hyper X|Samsung SSD 120g 840|AMD R9 290 TRI-X
TT ToughPower 850w,Thermaltake Xaser vi ,Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
killadark
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:15 pm

This is not the answer you're looking for since I have no idea how to solve your problem but a laser printer is expensive up front but it will save you so much money on ink if you don't need color. Later you can grab a color laser when you find a good bargain. Just calculate how many pages you can print with the starter cartridge then find the best deal. Also calculate the cost of a replacement cartridge. Anything with inkjets just drive me up the wall. I have had so many ink cartridges dry up on me after one use and the ink cartridges cost more than gold. Sorry can't help any more than this.

I just checked the prices of laser printers and and they have really come down. If you can, get a laser for black and white prints and keep an ink jet for your color printing. If your ink jet cartridge does not have a black then it takes all 3 colors to print a black. Ok I'm done ranting. Sorry.
I'm clueless about computers.
Smoking catnip in the litterbox.
ThatStupidCat
Gerbil

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:00 pm

Does it only happen in one particular application, or does it happen no matter what application you are printing from?

Is the problem with the new printer identical to the old, or just superficially similar?
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:42 pm

all i can think of is bad usb cable? did you re-use the same cable from your other printer? try a different usb port too.
ryko
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 am

well i took it down back to the store he went behind did soe magic and it was printing fine after that it seems the new epson L200 that i had purchased had some head problems he fixed it now it prints fine, at first i was surprised it was throwing out similar stripped images like my previous printer so figured it was the pc well it was not.

any who since i have made a thread i would like to ask if there is some kind of maintenance i have to do on laser-jets and how should i store the printer in case im away for 2months which i am somtimes
thank you
killadark
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 am

ryko wrote:all i can think of is bad usb cable? did you re-use the same cable from your other printer? try a different usb port too.

ya i did think that i was using a 10 year old hp printer cable which is generously long the one which came with my new printers are too short but that was not the issue
killadark
Gerbil Team Leader

Return to General Hardware