Strange problems with GeForce3 Ti200

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

Strange problems with GeForce3 Ti200

Postposted on Mon Apr 08, 2002 6:56 pm

Hi everyone, I have a very strange problem with my PowerColor Geforce3 Ti200, and have had it for a while. I've wiped my hard drive about ten times, tried running virtually every driver imaginable on Win98SE, Win2K, and WinXP. I'm currently on WinXP as it seems to be more stable for me as of late. The problem - I can run OpenGL programs just fine. Half-Life, RTCW, CS, they're all rock-solid. Direct3d games, however, crash left and right.

I've run Diagdx and everything tests out correct. I'm running the WHQL certified 15.70 drivers.

The odd thing is the error messages I get from the crashes. Take Max Payne for example - runs fine for anywhere from 1 minute to 30, then encounters a serious error "Access Violation - No RTTI data."

I checked on the web, and this violation appears to be something to do with C++ coding. Developer's coding. I don't do any of that kind of thing, let alone have any C++ programming tools loaded. I have all the patches available and installed, for both Windows and even the games I'm trying to run. I'm also running the latest 4-in-1 from VIA.

Have any of you come across this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for your help!!
-Kevin
Shuttle AK31, 266A Mainboard
Athlon XP1700+
256 MB Micron 266Mhz DDR RAM
Matrox 40 GB 7200 RPM HDD
PowerColor GeForce3 Ti200
Kevinoie
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:20 pm

Try using the newer 28.32 drivers, or the WHQL 23.12 divers.
NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:00 pm

I tried both of those, and neither worked. Instead of receiving the critical error message now, though, it just drops me right onto the desktop without any notification.

I'm really getting puzzled.
Shuttle AK31, 266A Mainboard
Athlon XP1700+
256 MB Micron 266Mhz DDR RAM
Matrox 40 GB 7200 RPM HDD
PowerColor GeForce3 Ti200
Kevinoie
Gerbil In Training

Return to Graphics