Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Westbrook348
Gerbil
Topic Author

SLI doesn't work on ROG Swift when 3D Vision is Enabled

Fri May 22, 2015 10:14 pm

Last weekend I built my new computer: i5-4690k, msi Z97-G45, GTX 970 x2. I have been loving both 3D vision and G-sync at 1440p on the Asus ROG Swift. The tech doesn't allow us to use both at the same time; I think I prefer 3D vision when it's done well, though variable refresh is awesome to have in those instances where 3D vision is poorly implemented.

I've noticed that with G-sync disabled and 3D vision and SLI both enabled, GPU1 runs at 99% and reaches 70-75 degrees C, while GPU2 stays at 2% utilization and 29 degrees C. They both go to 90%+ if I disable 3D vision. Apparently this is a driver issue with the combination of SLI, 3D vision, and either the ROG Swift specifically. I assume all the 1080p 120Hz monitors can do 3D vision and SLI at the same time.

Oh well. I guess I spent $800 on a monitor, $660 on graphics cards, and $150 for the 3D vision kit, and now I can't use them all together. Do you guys think this will change with a future Nvidia driver release? They just released one with the Witcher 3.. Until they do, looks like I'm stuck playing in 3D at 1440p with just one of my 970s (at medium settings only or 15 fps) or I can just play SLI G-sync, which is AMAZING.. just not 3D.

Anyone else having this problem or know of any solutions?

Westbrook348
Gerbil
Topic Author

Re: SLI doesn't work on ROG Swift when 3D Vision is Enabled

Fri May 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Huh.. Well actually, I was just able to get SLI to work with 3D vision on AC2: Revelations... After it wouldn't work with Tomb Raider 2013 or the Heaven benchmark. So definitely a driver issue.. Cmon Nvidia!

BTW: AC in 3D is so much better than anything I've ever seen before. As awesome as I think variable refresh is, nothing beats 3D done well. I can't wait for OR and Vive.