Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:26 pm

"...and a computer in every home" - Bill Gates. Meaning, running a PC with a Microsoft OS installed.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Sep 18, 2002 7:36 pm

I remember having a herc card back in the day.

Flying hippo I remember the old trs-80's back in high school. As for expansion cards. I've had to work on a few S3 back in the early 90's, think those were the first gen virge chips. GOD!! did they suck. ATI, I've had issues with but nothing like those damn S3 chips. The guy would made those should have been dragged out into the street and shot!

But that is just my personal opinion. :D
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

pattouk2001
Gerbil Jedi

LOL

Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:07 am

pattouk2001 wrote:
Hi. Remember the "who would need more than 640k of graphics memory" (summert like that) that Bill Gates stated......LOL, he obviously didn't take into account another little well known statement called "Progress". Cheers!

The really funny part is that he never said it.

Hi. Lol, cheers for that z-man, but I did say after mi quote marks "(summert like that)", as I was not sure if he did really say that, but I knew he said "somthing" like that. Lol, anyway, cheers, I do know what he really did say now thanks to your link :lol: ..."640K of memory should be enough for anybody".

Lanimret
Gerbil In Training

Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:48 pm

Cirrus Logic CL5465!

The last graphics chip Cirrus Logic ever put out, complete peice of ****. I spent an entire Comdex trip working double shifts to keep all the display computers in the booth functional, they would crash and the drivers would corrupt the OS every few hours. I won't even discuss the 3d performance :P

BTW, stupidist company I ever worked for... I got laid off 'by accident' and they tried to higher me back the next day! for less money!