Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

ANApex
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Visiontek

Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:58 am

Ok I know this may sound like a vulture circling a dying man in the desert but.... Any hope that there might be some pretty decent clearances on Visiontek cards? I didn't get to read the article at [H] (work blocks it for some reason).

NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:36 am

I doubt it. More than likely someone will buy the 'VisionTek' name and will keep on selling video cards under that name.

OutlawTornNMT
Gerbil First Class

Thu Aug 22, 2002 4:02 pm

BestBuy has been selling their Ti4200 and Ti4400 at discounted prices recently. And even though Visiontek is foreclosing, like anapex said i bet you'll still be seeing the visiontek name in the states.

I mean who wouldn't want to buy the nations biggest nvidia based video card manufacturer?

malebolgia
Gerbil Elite

Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:32 pm

Well good news on 8-19-02 VisionTek made a offical comment on
[H]ard|OCP article it reads:

"An Assignee / Trustee has been appointed, and will attempt to maximize the value of the company's assets. His belief is that the assets have a higher value as a "turn-key" operation than in a liquidation. The Trustee is continuing to operate the company to determine if a sale is a viable alternative to a liquidation, and he is currently talking to interested parties. The company is continuing to take orders, ship products, and honor rebates."

John Malley
Director of Marketing & PZ
VisionTek

Austin
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Location: Birmingham ENGLAND (some say Mars, or was it Uranus)

Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:29 pm

:wink: That's good news, I've never owned a VisionTek product but I hjave heard they are very good and have esp nice image quality on their GeForce range of cards. The market will easily cope without them, but in my books more manus means more competition and that means more competative pricing, plus more innovation too.

:lol: Come on VisionTek, stay with us!

cagey
Gerbil

Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:37 pm

Yeah, this news was real disappointing. I have two Visiontek cards (both GF3 Ti200), and their 2D IQ is pretty darn good. I was looking forward to getting their 4200, but now I'm going to wait and see what happens to the company.

Another nice thing about their cards is that they work great with the reference drivers. I've read that some other manu's cards vary between working better with the reference drivers and the manu's modified drivers.