Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Schmooster
Gerbil
Topic Author

Digital vibrance in 40.72

Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:57 am

Digital Vibrance is definately not on the release of detonator 40.72 that I've got, has anyone actually got it or has Nvidia gaffed? :-? There's no colour correction screen at all. I've tried everything Nvidia say to enable the tab, 16bit col & higher etc, so unless I've got the MENSA release it definately isn't there. :(
PIV 2GHz - Abit TH7-II RAID - 512MB Rambus - 20 GB HDD - GF4 Ti4200 - SB128 - SD606 DVD - Win98

NeXus 6
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:52 am

It's on mine, but I never use it as even the lowest setting looks oversaturated on my monitor. What is "MENSA" release?

So far the only bug I've found with these drivers is that when I adjust brightness or gamma settings to a real low value in games, I get a solarized effect. Strange ****. The 30.82 drivers never did this. For some reason it only does it in games. I haven't confirmed whether it does it only in DX games or both DX and OpenGL games.

ALEX1974
Gerbil First Class

Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:35 pm

nview display mode--device settings---color correction....it should be there!

Schmooster
Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Nov 18, 2002 2:46 am

You're right mate, that's exactly where it's SUPPOSED to be. I know, i've used it a hundred times, but I'm telling ya, it aint there any more!! :(
I know at least one other person with the same problem ( He's not daft either, he's the IT manager where I work, not that that proves anything!!) There's half a dozen different ways to get to colour-correction and I don't even have that!! No display settings tabs at all. I cant even pick a display to configure because both monitor screens are empty, apparently it thinks I have no display devices what-so-ever. All the other tabs are there though, there's colour management but that's not the same thing. I love PC's, there's nothing quite like them for saying somethings not there when it is, or something is there when it isn't! I wish it thought I had a P66 Smegzillion arse processor with turbobollocks **** RAM and a multi-planar holographic cosmic wondercard. I can tell by the lack of anyone else with this issue though that either no-one cares about Digital-Vibrance,....or I'm blind. Actually, this IS a brail keyboard, and the images I see I do kinda imagine........... :o
PIV 2GHz - Abit TH7-II RAID - 512MB Rambus - 20 GB HDD - GF4 Ti4200 - SB128 - SD606 DVD - Win98

Zenith
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:15 am

with the 40.72's, the control for it is there...but it doesn't work when i turn it on.

Marqis
Gerbil In Training

Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:35 am

NeXus 6 wrote:
What is "MENSA" release?

I guess you don't qualify. :) Mensa as in the brainiac club.