Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

getbornagain
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

monitors

Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:59 am

well i not sure if there is the best place but as there is a lack of a forum for monitors i'm gonna put it here

well i was thinking about getting a new monitor and i know a bit but not enough

and was looking from some input in the matter

any suggestions? (19in would be the size i would want)

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:15 am

I would highly recommend the Viewsonic brand monitors. I am currently using the G90f (19") flat screen monitor and it is a dream. I was going to buy a Samsung monitor, but I heard that many of them had geometry problems. Though we can recommend monitors to you, the best thing for you to do is to go down to a local computer store and look at some of the monitors first hand. That should give you a good idea of what you like or don't like. If at all possible, also order your monitor locally. It is quite possible that you might get a lemon, so it is much easier to return it locally instead of mailing a 50 pound monitor back to the manufacturer.
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:16 am

Oh, and another thing. Make sure that the monitor you choose can support the resolution and refresh rate that you want. No use getting a cheap monitor with a low refresh rate. :-?
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan