Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator
Topic Author

MSI Afterburner

Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:45 pm

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

I've been meaning to post this here for a few weeks now and kept forgetting. As of Beta 7 of the 2.2.0 release of MSI Afterburner, the monitoring program now has the ability to report memory usage for ATI cards. Memory usage for ATI cards was previously an NVIDIA only feature.

Added unified vendor independent videomemory usage monitoring layer for graphics cards, having no generic videomemory monitoring interfaces implementation in display drivers. Unified videomemory usage monitoring layer is based upon RivaTuner's VidMem plugin technology under Windows XP and original concepts of accessing Direct3D kernel mode thunk statistics under Windows Vista and Windows 7, introduced by Mark Russinovich in ProcessExplorer 15. By default unified videomemory usage monitoring path is enabled as primary ath on AMD graphics cards and as a fallback path on NVIDIA graphics cards when generic NVAPI videomemory usage monitoring is not available (e.g. on NVIDIA graphics cards unattcached to Windows desktop, such as dedicated PhysX or other GPGPU graphics cards). Power users may redefine unified and generic videomemory monitoring paths usage behaviors for both AMD and NVIDIA hardware abstraction layers via the configuration file.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

vargis14
Gerbil Jedi

Re: MSI Afterburner

Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for the info. Will let my ati friends know.I use EVGA precition for fan control only ,if I want to overclock over 950mhz and need a tiny voltage boost to run both 560ti SC cards at 1015mhz I use afterburner.
Does afterburner let you raise ati voltages,I do not know since the only ati card I own now is a hd4330 512mb mmx cards in my Dell zino hd and I know AB doesn't work on those
2600k@4848mhz @1.4v CM Nepton40XL 16gb Ram 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI@1280mhz Stock boost on a GAP67-UD4-B3, SBlaster Z powered by TX-850 PSU pushing a 34" LG 21/9 3440-1440 IPS panel. Pieced together 2.1 sound system

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator
Topic Author

Re: MSI Afterburner

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:34 pm

As far as I know it does allow for voltage management on ATI cards, but I believe there are some limitations there. Searching the Afterburner forums would definitely be a better source of information than I on the subject.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.