Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

moriz
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:52 pm

i'm getting a really weird issue with my 7970. it runs the game just fine, but whenever i spawn in, or die, or get ressurrected, all three of my screens flicker and the game stutters for a split second. it's almost like the card is changing power states or something. i'm running three individual monitors (separate monitors, not eyefinity). the monitor i'm gaming on is a 27" Apple LED cinema display, connected to the miniDP port. the other two monitors are connected to DVI ports.

does anyone else have similar setups, and observe a similar bug? also, does anyone know how to fix it? it's really getting on my nerves.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Re: BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 am

We're talking complete screen powerdown for a second, right?

BF3 has that stupid artistic VHS/EMI interference post-process effect and they overuse that something chronic. Try turning off all the post-processing and seeing if it goes away - could be a driver bug or a slightly corrupt installation.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: BF3 HD7970 screen flickers when spawning in and dying

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 am

I use a 7970 with multiscreen and the game on my mainscreen, no issues at all like you describe. Try updating the driver or reset the 3d settings for the driver to default.