Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

End User
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: I'm done with multi-GPU - so when should I upgrade?

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:51 am

Chrispy_ wrote:
End User wrote:
If you are so afraid of "willy-waving" then I'm not sure and enthusiast tech site is the place for you.

So you came here to willy-wave then? Good for you. :roll:

I think we're done here....

Oh please. Who underclocks their GPU and reads an enthusiast tech site? You can't possible add anything to the conversation with that setup.

morphine
TR Staff

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Can we please stop the unnecessary mud-slinging? This thread is heading to Lockville otherwise.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

End User

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

morphine wrote:
Can we please stop the unnecessary mud-slinging? This thread is heading to Lockville otherwise.

You should have said something way back when he started talking about "willy-waving".

morphine
TR Staff

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 pm

End User wrote:
morphine wrote:

You should have said something way back when he started talking about "willy-waving".

And your replies were extremely courteous? Let's move on.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm

(moving on)

I did actually get a response out of our eBuyer account manager.

The Never Settle Reloaded was something they offered, but only last year and only for dual-GPU-on-a-stick products.

I suspect it is very much a case of "limited availability", "profit margin" and "just how many of these cardboard steam-key sheets do we have left?"

Still no word from AMD themselves?
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

drfish
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:17 am

Nothing from AMD.

Just got this from TigerDirect:
Unfortunately, we do not have these bundles available in our online catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The only for dual GPU on a stick thing seems suspect, I know that those counted but I read a couple things that said you could buy two separate cards... Oh well. :-?

DeadOfKnight
Gerbil Elite

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:42 am

drfish wrote:
Nothing from AMD.

Just got this from TigerDirect:
Unfortunately, we do not have these bundles available in our online catalog. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The only for dual GPU on a stick thing seems suspect, I know that those counted but I read a couple things that said you could buy two separate cards... Oh well. :-?

Oh well? If I were you I would be raising hell over this. AMD falsely advertising a promotion like this is a big deal and should be front page news at this point.
Intel Core i7-5775c, Asus Maximus VII Formula, Win 10 Pro
RTX 2080 Ti FE, Corsair 2x8GB DDR3-1866, Corsair AX860
Corsair H105, WD Red 4TB x2, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Alienware AW3418DW, Corsair 450D

drfish
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:07 pm

I thought about sending a note to Cyril or Geoff but didn't think it was quite a big enough deal. Besides, AMD's new ad just started running on the front page, might not be a great time to pick on them. :P

drfish
Gerbil Elder
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:44 pm

From NCIX
I am sorry but it seems we do not have a 7900 series that has 6 gaming bundle at this time. I am sorry for this late reply, but I was waiting for an update from our team.

0 for 4...

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm

End User wrote:
Chrispy_ wrote:
End User wrote:
If you are so afraid of "willy-waving" then I'm not sure and enthusiast tech site is the place for you.

So you came here to willy-wave then? Good for you. :roll:

I think we're done here....

Oh please. Who underclocks their GPU and reads an enthusiast tech site? You can't possible add anything to the conversation with that setup.

I thought computer hardware enthusiasts were people who enjoying playing around with their hardware? There's nothing wrong with reducing clockspeed and voltage. The person in question may simply want to operate a near-silent system and/or reduce power consumption (electricity isn't getting any cheaper and it helps battery life for portables) and they don't mind the minor performance hit.

Ultimately, what other people do with their hardware is none of your business.

If you feel that you need to invest in XBOX huge HSF with ultra-fans or some exotic cooling setup paired with a highly OC'ed workstation grade silicon in order to be considered to be a computer hardware enthusiast. Then I'm afraid that you have out of touch with reality and sorely need step outside of the ivory tower.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

End User

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 pm

Krogoth wrote:
Ultimately, what other people do with their hardware is none of your business.

My involvement in this thread started with a reply to the OP. Others made my replies their business.

(moving on)

SecretSquirrel

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:03 pm

And I think this thread has reached the end of its usefulness. Thank you all for participating and have a good day.

*click*