DisplayPort Post Screen Issues..

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

DisplayPort Post Screen Issues..

Postposted on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:30 pm

I have an issue(feature?) that maybe someone can help me with. I have 2 EVGA GTX 660's in SLI and I use an Asus monitor on displayport. I decided to get a(n) HDMI cable for my LG TV so I could do some gaming on the big screen. Problem is with both screens plugged in, the POST screen wont show up on my default displayport monitor even if the TV is off. If I unplug the HDMI cable then all works fine. Only way to see POST screen is to turn on the TV if it is plugged in. I did try putting the HDMI cable on the 2nd GTX and that fixes the issue, except that SLI wont work when you have a screen plugged into each card. Is there a way to somehow set the displayport as default even if other screens are plugged in? This issue only happens while booting up before windows or Linux boots up. It is aggravating because I can't see the POST screen and I spend time in the BIOS quite often. Once the OS login screens come up then everything is normal, so I know it isn't a software issue.
Thanks for any advice ahead of time!
MSI X58A-GD65, i7-920@3.8, EVGA 660 GTX SC SLI, Neutron 240 GB,2.75 TB Spindle Storage,ASUS DVD-RW, 6GB Patriot, Win 7 & 8.1 & Kubuntu Triple Boot, ASUS VK278 on DisplayPort.
zenlessyank
Gerbil

Re: DisplayPort Post Screen Issues..

Postposted on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but have you considered swapping the ports the TV and monitor are connected to using suitable adapters? Unless there's a BIOS option to designate the default port I can't think of any other way to do this, since it is happening before your OS loads.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Return to Graphics