Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

sschaem
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

AMD Never settle site down ?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 am

I finally got some time and I'm stoked that I can finally play Crysis3 / Bioshock / Farcry3 coupon that came with my 7970 YEA!

But the site:

http://www.amd4u.com/neversettlereloaded

Does not work... My understanding is that this coupon expire Jan 31 2014. Its only November.. what gives?

I will try again tomorrow, but what a downer.. I'm ready to play, but AMD is not.

Kougar
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: AMD Never settle site down ?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:04 am

I get a message stating they're performing site maintenance. Just wait until later today!

sschaem
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:09 pm

New message today:
"The site will be back up on November 13th with exciting news!"

I dont need excitement, I just want to play with my copy of Crysis3 and Bioshock :(

slowriot
Gerbil XP

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:52 pm

sschaem wrote:
New message today:
"The site will be back up on November 13th with exciting news!"

I dont need excitement, I just want to play with my copy of Crysis3 and Bioshock :(

Wow. That is incredibly lame all around. There's no reasonable excuse to bring the site down for days just because you have "exciting news" coming up.

TwistedKestrel
Gerbil Elite

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 pm

I've held off on redeeming the code for exactly this reason ... now we just have to see if the changes are only for R9 cards, or they apply to unredeemed codes from 7000-series cards as well.

TwistedKestrel
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:03 am

Looks like it's Thief ... though a few options were dropped sometime in the last few weeks. Tomb Raider seems to be gone, for example.

sschaem
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:45 pm

TwistedKestrel wrote:
Looks like it's Thief ... though a few options were dropped sometime in the last few weeks. Tomb Raider seems to be gone, for example.

Sucks for me....

The coupons I was ready to redeem are explicitly for : Crysis3, Bioshock and TombRaider... (The #1 reason why I got a 7970)

I dont get how AMD can print coupon for the games, but dont buy the game keys for it.

If you buy 10,000 game key... print 10,000 coupon. How can the coupon run out unless you try to scam buyers ...

AMD simply bought 5,000 key for Crysis3 / Bioshock / Tombraider, but printed 50,000 coupon anyways.
This pisses me off to no end.... This is the type of scamming I expect from low life company.

How stupid it is for AMD to piss of customers like this !!! ARGH!! will they ever learn !

Unacceptable...

morphine
TR Staff

Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:49 pm

sschaem wrote:
How can the coupon run out unless you try to scam buyers ... [...]
This pisses me off to no end.... This is the type of scamming I expect from low life company.

Easy there, bub.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Melvar
Gerbil XP

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought the bundles with specific games were a separate earlier deal than the "pick X out of Y games" deal. If you have a Tomb Raider code, it should get you a copy of Tomb Raider. If you have a "pick a game" code, you may have waited too long.

sschaem
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Melvar wrote:
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought the bundles with specific games were a separate earlier deal than the "pick X out of Y games" deal. If you have a Tomb Raider code, it should get you a copy of Tomb Raider. If you have a "pick a game" code, you may have waited too long.

Yes, the coupon I have are for those games explicitly.

I know AMD still got codes for those games because they still sell cards with those coupons:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications ... 6&csid=_61

I hope Its just a simply mixup and AMD will honor the games I bought with the 7970, and is not trying to pull a fast one here. I will see what they tell me and report back...

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:25 am

Curious to see how this turns out.
I have a collection of 60+ of these things, I was going to fleabay them before the end of the year.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

sschaem
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:39 pm

60 of them ?

Anyways, so far AMD is saying that I'm SOL... it was a first come first serve basis and that even so my card came explicitly with a free copy of Crysis3, it really doesn't.
AMD printed coupon, but did not secure game key for them.

To me this sound like what sleazy business would do... total bait and switch. "Get a free Sony PS3 with every TV purchase".. you get the TV and later you find out that you only get some crap Chinese DVD player because they only really had a few PS3 to give away and it was on a first come first basis.

SHAME ON YOU AMD!!!

I'm still trying to get satisfaction, as clearly they still advertise their 7990 with Crysis3 & Bioshock etc...

And if they want to play like sleezballs, I will demand that they refund me for the advertise price of the games. "A $119 Value"

Some day, more then others, I really hate AMD for their **** marketing...

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 am

At least 60. Maybe 100, I'm building at least 8 machines a month, most of them have AMD cards in them for CAD that just renders in standard DirectX these days.

Laptops killed Quadros because People like Autodesk, Adobe, McNeel, Bentley and Solidworks have to make sure their packages run on Intel's IGP's. What a Quadro pays for is IEC-certified drivers, but screw them - they have just as many bugs as the consumer drivers and the priority fixes are not something that a small firm like us gets resolved in any decent timescale.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.