AMD Mobile Beta 13.11 installation issues

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

AMD Mobile Beta 13.11 installation issues

Postposted on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Asus N61Jq laptop's OS: Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, 64-bit

GPU: Radeon 5730 Mobility, current driver is AMD 13.9.

I disabled Avast, f.lux (auto adjusts screen display colors based on daytime/nighttime), Steam and RadeonPro before installing the 13.11 beta CCC package, and I installed it using administrator's privilege.

The issue is that in the middle of installing the AMD display driver, the screen shuts off completely, but the laptop is still running. Hibernate and then turning back on and hard reset failed to work. The laptop would proceed to the Windows startup screen, and right before it displays the login screen, the screen turns off.

In safe mode, I determined that everything was installed correctly, but the new display driver somehow causes the screen to shut off.

I've been having the same issue with the 13.11 beta driver since version 3.

On a side note, I remembered when I was installing 13.9 when the OS was fresh back during the summer, it took 4 tries for the display driver to install, as the installer package would skip over the display driver after spending some time trying to install it.
UnfriendlyFire
Gerbil

Return to Graphics