bay trail graphics driver

From the pixels, bits, and shaders to the graphic cards that power them. Discuss the latest from AMD and NVIDIA here.

Moderators: morphine, SecretSquirrel

bay trail graphics driver

Postposted on Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 am

Hi all,

my housemate recently got the asus t100 (following my recommendation based on TR's excellent review), and we wanted to test out a few indie games on the system as I know it is moderately capable in this area, however the performance seems lower than expected and I suspected out of date graphics drivers. Problem is, I cant seem to find drivers fitting the description, intels's website has some vague categories, the closest of which (embedded systems) doesn't have a windows 8 selection. I'm probably missing something obvious, but if anyone could point me in the right direction without having to download a hideous 'installer software' of some kind (like intel's own autodetecting installer which ended up just giving me the message 'this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software') it would be much appreciated.

cheers, and happy new year!
piecerad
Gerbil

Re: bay trail graphics driver

Postposted on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:45 am

Asus's web site has it Here. For mine though I've used their built in updater and it seems to work fine especially for the bios update. (I never double checked that it actually updated the video driver though)
paco
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: bay trail graphics driver

Postposted on Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:46 am

What kind of performance is he getting? I've tested a LOT of games on mine and stuck videos up on YouTube, so might be worth looking and seeing what works well.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... lKFYskGK87

Also if you are experiencing poor performance, check the battery level is over 10% - once it drops below 10% the SoC power usage is limited to prevent you running out of battery while running the system on A/C as the weak 2A (2A * 5V = 10W) charger means that at full load and screen brightness you can actually drain the battery while 'charging' it. :lol:
Thorburn
Gerbil

Return to Graphics