Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, morphine, SecretSquirrel

Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

AMD: Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver (Vsync fix) & Thief Patch

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:42 am

Hello everyone,

Our Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver and the Thief patch by Eidos Montreal, which features our Mantle and TrueAudio technology, are available today. The patch will automatically download on PCs that have the game installed already; you can download the beta driver from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... -beta.aspx

In addition, the beta driver includes the fix for the audio Vsync issue you have reported. Thank you very much for your patience.

Please make sure to read the Feature Highlights and the Known Issues sections for more information about this version of the driver.
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: AMD: Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver (Vsync fix) & Thief Patch

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 am

Should I assume the ACP service is TrueAudio related, or is that something else entirely?
Meow.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 am

Sam,

Someone needs to look at these drivers because theirs some huge slowdown in Diablo 3 with them.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:07 am

tanker27 wrote:
Sam,

Someone needs to look at these drivers because theirs some huge slowdown in Diablo 3 with them.

Hi Tanker27, can you describe the slowdown? Meaning, is it affecting the FPS? Or loading times?

Also, if you get a moment please use the Issue Reporting form (http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B69) to report any other bugs/issues you're experiencing with this version of the driver (this is very helpful) :wink:
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative

LostCat

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am

I do like the audio upgrade, but I haven't played enough to know precisely what it used to sound like.

Still, thumbs up. I'm glad my Kaveri purchase was worth it for what I thought it'd be. :D
Meow.

TwistedKestrel
Gerbil Elite

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:43 pm

It took a while for Steam to pull down the Thief patch for me, but I can at least confirm that it works (7950).

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:50 pm

Warsam71 wrote:
Hi Tanker27, can you describe the slowdown? Meaning, is it affecting the FPS? Or loading times?

Also, if you get a moment please use the Issue Reporting form (http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B69) to report any other bugs/issues you're experiencing with this version of the driver (this is very helpful) :wink:

FPS, at times when there is a lot of mobs on the screen. It happens the most when you are in ACT III and are clearing the castle to the catapults. The 'action' in the background isnt pre-rendered but real time so there is a lot going on.

II will definitely fill out the survey.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

LostCat

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:08 pm

TwistedKestrel wrote:
It took a while for Steam to pull down the Thief patch for me, but I can at least confirm that it works (7950).

Usually a little after 11AM Central you can just close the steam client and reopen it if you're expecting an update or unlock.
Meow.