I've picked up an OptiPlex 9020 SFF desktop that:
- Shipped with a Core i5 4570 which has onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Has 1 PCI Express x16 slot that accepts only single-slot low-profile cards (low profile due to SFF, single-slot due to PSU proximity)
- Does not have any spare PCIx or Molex power connectors from the PSU
I'd like to know what are the best options for discrete cards, for gaming at 1920 x 1200. This is my daily use PC, and I will be building a proper gaming rig in the future, but would like to enable whatever gaming is possible on this one for the moment. However, I'm a bit nervous about the card length and card thickness, giving the limitations of my case.
Based on my research, I'm looking at:
- Sapphire Radeon R7 250 1GB GDDR5 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J06F4HE/
- VisionTek Products AMD Radeon 7750 SFF 1GB http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008RLHFQ6/
- PowerColor AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR5 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JQU6WQ6/
Are there other options that I can look at? I need only 1 display output (in any digital form, since it'll drive a Dell U2410).
Here's how the innards of the OptiPlex 9020 SFF appear (images from the Dell support page):
Here's the Dell page for replacing the graphics card, that has a slightly different view http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/in/en/inbsd1/Topic/optiplex-9020-desktop/OPT9020SFFOM-v1/en-us/GUID-0E0A12E4-15EB-433E-AC8A-ACC22777D277