office 2007 upgrade requirements

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

office 2007 upgrade requirements

Postposted on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:34 pm

Hey experts

I am planning on purchasing the Office 2007 professional suite, and would prefer to get the cheaper upgrade option.

I noticed in the futureshop online store, it states that the upgrade will work using MS Works 6-10. Is this true? Works comes with many computers for free, and makes it an even better bargain if it allows the purchase of the upgrade to a much more powerful office system.

here's the link

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 884&catid=

I can't find any information on the MS Office webpages regarding the software requirements for the upgrades. Anyone know any more information?
Disco
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:50 pm

Suprisingly MS says products eligible for the Office 2007 upgrade includes: Microsoft® Works 6.0-10; Works Suite 2000 – 2007.

I found that here. Towards the bottom on the Upgrade Eligibility tab.
JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks so much for the information. That's exactly what I was looking for, something official.

I assume that you can just install the office 2007 CD, and when it asks for the original software, you insert the works CD for verification. And then it installs as usual.

With this option for upgrading, why would anyone ever buy the regular Office version? MS Works is just so cheap and available.

thanks again
Disco
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:48 am

More likely Office 2007 install process will verify that an eligible product is already installed/activated/genuine on the machine.
JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Return to General Software