Firefox studdering

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

Firefox studdering

Postposted on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm

What is the deal with firefox , it studders really bad slowing down my connection.
Anyone ever heard of such a thing ?
Core I7 2600K @ 4.6 | Asrock P67 Extreme 4 | 16 gig Corsair | EVGA Superclocked GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Seasonic X-850 W

Phenom II 940 | Gigabyte MA78G-DS3HP | 2x2 gig G-Skill dr2 800 | 500 W Seasonic | WD 640 HDD | Sapphire 4890 1 gig
tsoulier
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:17 am
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:55 pm

How many tabs are open, how long has it been running, and are you hitting your swap?
Flatland_Spider
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:33 pm
Location: The 918/539

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:01 pm

Flatland_Spider wrote:How many tabs are open, how long has it been running, and are you hitting your swap?


Only one or two tabs at a time , whats a swap ?
Core I7 2600K @ 4.6 | Asrock P67 Extreme 4 | 16 gig Corsair | EVGA Superclocked GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Seasonic X-850 W

Phenom II 940 | Gigabyte MA78G-DS3HP | 2x2 gig G-Skill dr2 800 | 500 W Seasonic | WD 640 HDD | Sapphire 4890 1 gig
tsoulier
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:17 am
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:58 pm

I think he's referring to the page file which is called when you don't have enough free memory. How much RAM do you have, and what antivirus (if any)?

Also, I'm pretty sure you meant "stutter".
Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3184
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Location: Location

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 am

Meadows wrote:I think he's referring to the page file which is called when you don't have enough free memory. How much RAM do you have, and what antivirus (if any)?

Also, I'm pretty sure you meant "stutter".



8 gig of ram and using AVG , it seems to be getting better but still doing it , Windows has been updating since I built the machine maybe that has something to do with it.
Core I7 2600K @ 4.6 | Asrock P67 Extreme 4 | 16 gig Corsair | EVGA Superclocked GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Seasonic X-850 W

Phenom II 940 | Gigabyte MA78G-DS3HP | 2x2 gig G-Skill dr2 800 | 500 W Seasonic | WD 640 HDD | Sapphire 4890 1 gig
tsoulier
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:17 am
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:09 am

tsoulier wrote:8 gig of ram and using AVG , it seems to be getting better but still doing it , Windows has been updating since I built the machine maybe that has something to do with it.


Windows Update should normally have nothing to do with it. Also, you simply can't be running out of RAM either.

Check other browsers. Do they hitch and hiccup as well? If so, something may be up with your networking stack. If other browsers work fine, then try uninstalling Firefox completely, and reinstall it, maybe that will do something.
Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 3184
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:10 pm
Location: Location: Location

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 am

I've recently had a problem with Firefox stuttering too.

Intel core 2 duo/6GB ram/ASUS EAH5450 Silent video card/Win 7/Firefox 5.0.

Often, when I go to Yahoo Mail, the main frame shakes left and right a few pixels and causes my cpu to jump to 100% until I use task manager to kill firefox. No other web site causes this problem. I work around it by opening my Yahoo mail in Chrome and then everything else in Firefox. Problem occurs even after a fresh reboot and no other tasks running.

I suspect it might be a video driver issue since I never saw this issue before I installed the video card, but ASUS shows no newer drivers for my card.

I guess I'll just live with it!
grob49 - I only have 10 kinds of friends. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
grob49
Gerbil In Training
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:19 am

Re: Firefox studdering

Postposted on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:28 am

grob49 wrote:I've recently had a problem with Firefox stuttering too.

Intel core 2 duo/6GB ram/ASUS EAH5450 Silent video card/Win 7/Firefox 5.0.

Often, when I go to Yahoo Mail, the main frame shakes left and right a few pixels and causes my cpu to jump to 100% until I use task manager to kill firefox. No other web site causes this problem. I work around it by opening my Yahoo mail in Chrome and then everything else in Firefox. Problem occurs even after a fresh reboot and no other tasks running.

I suspect it might be a video driver issue since I never saw this issue before I installed the video card, but ASUS shows no newer drivers for my card.

I guess I'll just live with it!


Thats funny cause I installed the latest driver for my 570 and it seems thats when my problems started.
Core I7 2600K @ 4.6 | Asrock P67 Extreme 4 | 16 gig Corsair | EVGA Superclocked GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Seasonic X-850 W

Phenom II 940 | Gigabyte MA78G-DS3HP | 2x2 gig G-Skill dr2 800 | 500 W Seasonic | WD 640 HDD | Sapphire 4890 1 gig
tsoulier
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:17 am
Location: South Louisiana


Return to General Software

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests