Driver help For Legacy ThinkPads win7 Pro

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

Driver help For Legacy ThinkPads win7 Pro

Postposted on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi Guys:

I am a small laptop re-seller. I have been having trouble with about 25% of the IBM Lenovo ThinkPad R60 T60 series whereby after loading windows 7 pro and after updating drivers via the lenovo site or lenovo system update... there is still no sound. The sound registers on the sound meter of the volume control and some of them produce sound via external speakers but the internal speakers do not work. Some are of the same series and are still hit and miss with sound. IBM and/or Lenovoy use different sound devices (ex SOUNDMax HD) but some work and some do not.

Is there an online tool that will do a sytemwide search and provide drivers for these older laptops that you guys can recomend. ONe that does not have spyware or other trial-ware attached to it? Preferably free but I am willing to pay a small amount for this service if it is foolproof.

Thanks.
matnath1
Gerbil Team Leader
Gold subscriber

Re: Driver help For Legacy ThinkPads win7 Pro

Postposted on Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:49 pm

matdem1 wrote: some of them produce sound via external speakers but the internal speakers do not work. Some are of the same series and are still hit and miss with sound.

Sounds like bad hardware? Did you check to see if their were any issues with that model and bad speakers?
Venii, vidii, vicii
Wii came, Wii saw , Wii conquered
Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Silver subscriber

Re: Driver help For Legacy ThinkPads win7 Pro

Postposted on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:02 am

This issue is occurring on too many different laptops for it to be a widespread hardware issue. I have acquired and loaded about 60 or 70 ThinkPad's successfully but about ten or so have this issue. They are coming from different suppliers and at different times and so I have to rule out a hardware issue. WHat do you think?
matnath1
Gerbil Team Leader
Gold subscriber

Return to General Software