E-mail Blacklist Issue

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

E-mail Blacklist Issue

Postposted on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 pm

My company recently was hit by a few phishing e-mails which some users unfortunately gave out their information and turned them into spam bots. Anyhow, we ended up becoming blacklisted from @msn, @Outlook, and @hotmail e-mail services. I know over time our rating will go back to a healthy number and they will allow us to send e-mails again. Does anyone know of any faster ways to clear up the record? I use two mailgate servers on top of exchange and they're queued e-mails keep growing because of the blacklists and it would be nice to see these actually pass through. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Intel I7-2600k, Asus P8P67, 16GB DDR3 1600mhz, Geforce GTX 780, ASUS Xonar D2, Samsung Evo 250GB, Western Digital Black 1TB, Corsair HX750w
Omniman
Gerbil First Class

Re: E-mail Blacklist Issue

Postposted on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:05 pm

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Re: E-mail Blacklist Issue

Postposted on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Check and see which blacklists your IP addresses have been added to. Once you find you which blacklists it's on, you can see how to get the IP removed. MXToolbox has a good webbased tool to check things related to email servers.

MXToolbox
http://mxtoolbox.com/

Did they blacklist the domain name? You can add a SPF entry to your authoritative DNS server and a DKIM to help keep the email servers from getting blacklisted.
Flatland_Spider
Gerbil Elite

Return to General Software