Offline website editor similar to Wix/Weebly?

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

Offline website editor similar to Wix/Weebly?

Postposted on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I currently use Weebly to build my business website. I'd like to build an offline version so I can use a host of my choosing. But as I have very little web design skills, and no time to learn, I need an offline editor that's as simple to use as the Weebly editor.

Does anyone have any recommendations? It's a very basic website, so just need easy drag and drop functionality.

Thanks in advance.
i7 4930k @ 4.2GHz | Asus P9X79 LE | Gigabyte GTX750Ti | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Corsair RM750 | Samsung Evo 256GB SSD | Corsair H100i | Fractal Design R4 White Case
Storage: 2x Crucial MX100 512GB SSDs - RAID 0 | 2x Western Digital 3TB HDDs - RAID 1
suicidemonkey
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: Offline website editor similar to Wix/Weebly?

Postposted on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 am

I just started using Weebly recently, and I have two live websites with it. I'm in the same boat as you: no skills, no time. So any tools that make it Facebok-easy are welcome. :D

I second this question: anyone know any offline tools like this?
Milo Burke
Gerbil Team Leader
Gold subscriber

Re: Offline website editor similar to Wix/Weebly?

Postposted on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:20 am

I've created a website using Notepad and Weebly, so I don't have any experience with an off-line website editor, but a quick Google search revealed a lot of products out there, some commercial (Adobe, Microsoft) and some for free.

Although I've never used it, I've heard good things about Kompozer. I'd start with that, personally.
Venii, vidii, vicii
Wii came, Wii saw , Wii conquered
Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Silver subscriber

Return to General Software