MPC-HC Weird Problem

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

MPC-HC Weird Problem

Postposted on Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am

i have been using this since forever but a few weeks back a weird issue arised the played would freeze up if i tried playing anything from a certain HDD it worked fine if i copied it to the other drive and play the same file but not from that HDD
also when this happens the HDD becomes totally unresponsive task manager shows it as 100% active with no data transfers as of such

Things i have tried
-Check for errors on HDD
-switch SATA port
-Plays fine on VLC while it dosent on MPC
-even went ahead and changed drive letters to no avail
-and for what its worth i have tried playing the same files which dont work on my computer on my laptop via file share and it works fine using MPC

so is the HDD dying? or some weird bug by MPC-HC
AMD FX-8350|Sabetooth 990FX|16gb Kingston Hyper X|Samsung SSD 120g 840|AMD R9 290 TRI-X
TT ToughPower 850w,Thermaltake Xaser vi ,Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
killadark
Gerbil XP

Re: MPC-HC Weird Problem

Postposted on Thu May 01, 2014 10:43 am

Probably an FFDshow issue.

Remove everything (and codec packs) then download a whole bundle - either K-Lite or CCCP seem to be the obvious choices for MPC-HC users.
I hear rig lists are all the rage, and I <3 the rage! Workstation = Black tower thing; HTPC = Shhhh!; Laptop - AMAZING FOLDING PC!
Chrispy_
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu May 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Chrispy_ wrote:Probably an FFDshow issue.

Remove everything (and codec packs) then download a whole bundle - either K-Lite or CCCP seem to be the obvious choices for MPC-HC users.

Did that in fact i have done it 3 times Once tried the Klite then CCCP and last Smooth video project none of them has worked the weird part is why only the one HDD is effected everything else works fine
AMD FX-8350|Sabetooth 990FX|16gb Kingston Hyper X|Samsung SSD 120g 840|AMD R9 290 TRI-X
TT ToughPower 850w,Thermaltake Xaser vi ,Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Sound Card
killadark
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Thu May 01, 2014 12:02 pm

killadark wrote:-Plays fine on VLC while it dosent on MPC

This pretty much contradicts your hard disk bad theory.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Return to General Software