PBX for Cell Phone?

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

PBX for Cell Phone?

Postposted on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:37 pm

I'm starting to tread into new territory here. I'd like to stop carrying both of my phones (personal and business) and just carry the personal but do all of my business off of it. I'd like to instead leave my business cell for someone else to carry, answer calls and make appointments, ect. The issue is that I currently have my cell plan for both phones through AT&T which is fine, but I'd like to keep the number. AT&T does not offer anything that allows me to keep my number. So I've come across multiple Virtual PBX systems online that allow you to keep your number, and I'd assume have the number forward automatically to the PBX system which would then handle call forwarding, voicemail, extensions and what not. Ideally (in my head) the customer calls, it gets sent to the PBX immediately which then forwards the call to my employee's number to answer the call (a cell phone), who could then have the functionality to transfer the call to me. That's all I really need at this point, I realize some of these virtual PBX systems include things like call waiting music, automated attendants, department extensions. Those are all great and I'm sure I'd be able to use them, but they are just extras and not needed.

EasyOfficePhone.com is one service I found, but I was curious if anyone has used this or others and could steer me in the right direction for a reliable and inexpensive service to do this?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

i5-2500K|Asus P67 Sabertooth|16GB Corsair 1600|MSI 7850 2GB|250gb Evo 840|Corsair 400R|ET750w PSU|Logitech G5|Dell 2420L|Corsair Vengeance 1300
Welch
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Gold subscriber

Re: PBX for Cell Phone?

Postposted on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:35 am

I may be completing inept to answer this question, but Google Voice for an easy transfer and routing of calls? I think that's about all it does besides a separate voicemail, but is that too simple of a platform for you?

http://www.press8.com/hosted-pbx-system ... one-system
dashbarron
Gerbil Team Leader
Gold subscriber

Return to General Software