Pixal art reation and animation software

The place for all kinds of software for all kinds of operating systems.

Moderator: Dposcorp

Pixal art reation and animation software

Postposted on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm aware of Deluxe Paint, and Deluxe Animator, but I was curious what windows programs people use to create and animate pixel art these days. Without going into all the details, I'm hoping to either find a team to help me create a Neo Geo/SNES/SegaCD 16 bit side scrolling beat 'em up, or just upload a video, like that australian animator whose name eludes me.
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite

Re: Pixal art reation and animation software

Postposted on Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 am

Actually, I was wondering what hardware and software I should load on my Ideapad laptop to try and learn animation of the quality found in online games.
Lhadro
Gerbil In Training

Re: Pixal art reation and animation software

Postposted on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:54 pm

Lhadro wrote:Actually, I was wondering what hardware and software I should load on my Ideapad laptop to try and learn animation of the quality found in online games.

I've been trying to track down a copy of cosmigo pro motion, since I'm leaning toward pixel art style art/animation. If you can, track down a pro copy of Flash creator, or even Toon Boom Animate Pro. You'll probably want a to get a a wacom tablet, since drawing with a mouse is about as effective as trying to draw with a pen to a strapped to a brick.

I did get lucky and found Deluxe paint and grafx2, since I'm gunning for old-school style graphics, but I imagine Gimp could work as well for still frames and backgrounds.
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite

Return to General Software