Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Misc set up info

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:08 am

Welcome to TR’s Fantasy Football League! On your main forum index, you should see The new TR Fantasy Sports forum (its down at the bottom, below the Smokey Back Room). This is where we’re going to commiserate on how good or bad our teams are doing, and/or what is going on in our league. I’m taking suggestions for the names of the leagues in that forum. We’re going to use a standard scoring system and standard rosters, nice and simple. All three leagues will use the same system. After August 10th, I’ll get together with some of the Chicago area TR types (HowardDrake, Action Jim, Starfalcon, maybe Hawkwing74) and we’ll randomly assign people to leagues (the ol’ draw the names from the hat trick).

It looks like we’re going to use Yahoo for our league service, mostly because several of us have used them before and its free. It looks like we’re going to have 3 leagues of 10 teams each. We’ll do live drafts, and if you can’t make it on draft night, Yahoo has the option to pre-rank players.

Problem is, they don’t allow guest access to leagues (at least not that I can see). So, to get around that, I will need a volunteer to be the pseudo-commissioner of the leagues I won’t be in. This person won’t have to DO anything, but they WILL need to give me their password so that I can get in and see what’s going on in the different leagues. HowardDrake has already volunteered to give me his yahoo p/w so I will make him the pseudo-commissioner of one league. Anyone else who wouldn’t mind giving me their p/w, let me know. I promise not to meddle with your team, I want to check the league and approve trades and such only. Cross my heart and hope to die. I just don’t want to be blind to what’s going on in the other leagues, since this is sort of my baby, and I don’t want to have to have a team in every league.

I think that’s it for now. Go to the new forum and speak your piece about league names.
Last edited by idchafee on Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:33 am

So I need to set up a yahoo account?

notion
Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:10 am

I'm willing to be a pseudo-commissioner and share my password if you still need someone.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:23 am

Corrado wrote:
So I need to set up a yahoo account?

Yep

notion wrote:
I'm willing to be a pseudo-commissioner and share my password if you still need somaeone.

Excellent. That will work just fine.

Ithkul_prime
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:18 pm

is there a need for a TR fantasy sports announcer? Just wondering if such a position would even be needed?
have you seen it

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:31 pm

Ithkul_prime wrote:
is there a need for a TR fantasy sports announcer? Just wondering if such a position would even be needed?

Uhhh...... :o :o :o

Ithkul_prime
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:56 pm

i know it is not need with the game statistics and all, but just for kicks have someone rant about how hard these games are being played. I know this might sound like a dumb idea at this point, but when we are in the game, it adds to the effects. :wink:
have you seen it

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:05 pm

http://www.fantasyinsights.com/whatis.html

That describes what fantasy football is, for people who don't know.

Ithkul_prime
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:07 pm

now, i made myself look really stupid, but heck it is still funny 8)
have you seen it

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:29 am

I just made a Yahoo mail account. Now what?

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:32 am

Dposcorp wrote:
I just made a Yahoo mail account. Now what?

I'll assign everyone randomly to a league on August 11th. Then I'll create the yahoo leagues and let everyone know what to do to join their league. So basically, sit tight until August 11th.