Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

steelforce
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Bad, bad injury week...

Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:02 pm

This week sucked for me.

First, Deuce McAllister goes down in the first quarter with a sprained ankle, getting me no points.

Second, Kevan Barlow left in the fourth quarter with bruised ribs, but this was after he scored me points.

Now, ESPN's Len Pasquarelli is reporting that Kellen Winslow broke his leg in the Brown's game against Dallas.

Deuce's injury is a week-to-week injury, I hope, so hopefully it won't hurt me too bad. Barlow should be OK next week. Winslow's injury sucks, and now I have to try and find a new tight end. I was hoping that my rookie tandem of him and Willis McGahee would really pan out, but it doesn't look like it.

Suck.

At least I got the win for the week. :D

Kevin
Administrator

Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:17 pm

I also have Kevan Barlow and I'm glad I started him this week. It was a nice set of points. Hopefully he'll be okay for next week. All my other players appear to be doing well, although Fred Taylor has been slightly injured since last week. And he did a horrible job this week for me.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:15 am

Kevin wrote:
although Fred Taylor has been slightly injured since last week. And he did a horrible job this week for me.

Fred taylor is a huge wussy-boy. Get used to his name on the injury report, as he will wuss out over a hangnail.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Kevin
Administrator

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:31 am

Yeah, I have a feeling he is highly over rated. I thought he'd be able to run better against Denver. Although I suppose if the Jags had a passing game to speak of, he'd be able to run a bit better... Really should have started Westbrook this weekend (I'm sure he can't do any worse then Taylor tonight).

My thinking was that if Holmes could put up some nice numbers against Denver, then Taylor could. However, my mistake was thinking that the Jag offense would behave like the KC offense. That's about a big a mistake as thinking the KC defense would behave like the Jag defense. :D

Oh well, I'm still up 22 points. Go Vikings! Stop McNabb!!
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Action Jim
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Bad, bad injury week...

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:41 am

steelforce wrote:
At least I got the win for the week. :D

Well, if I can't win the game, at least I'll make you remember me!

Sincerely,
Action "sour grapes" Jim

P.S. Rumor has it Trent Green's throwing arm isn't 100% because he incessantly beats his wife and children. Oh yeah, he also got caught eating ice cream out of a male prostitute's behind in a Kansas City truck stop. The flavor was rocky road, naturally. Pass it on.
Good bye everyone.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:45 am

Action Jim wrote:
Oh yeah, he also got caught eating ice cream out of a male prostitute's behind in a Kansas City truck stop. The flavor was rocky road, naturally. Pass it on.

Sure beats the Hershey Squirt flavour Cordell Stewart likes. :o
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

steelforce
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:51 am

Action Jim wrote:
Well, if I can't win the game, at least I'll make you remember me!

Sincerely,
Action "sour grapes" Jim

P.S. Rumor has it Trent Green's throwing arm isn't 100% because he incessantly beats his wife and children. Oh yeah, he also got caught eating ice cream out of a male prostitute's behind in a Kansas City truck stop. The flavor was rocky road, naturally. Pass it on.

Trent Green's point total thru two weeks: 0

Remind me again why you don't have a real QB?

Also good to see that my D showed up this week - that was the Baltimore defense I was expecting to see.[/b]

Action Jim
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:00 am

Trent Green's point total through two weeks: 2

I don't have a real QB because I am an idiot and didn't even draft a QB until round 5. Every other position is solid on my team except QB. Time to start talking trade...

P.S.: Trent Green sneaks away to abortion clinics for between meal snacks. Pass it on.
Good bye everyone.

steelforce
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:12 am

Action Jim wrote:

Week 1 Total: 1
Week 2 Total: -1

Now I might have dropped out of college, but the last time I checked, 1 + (-1) = 0.

Action Jim
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:17 am

steelforce wrote:
Action Jim wrote:

Week 1 Total: 1
Week 2 Total: -1

Now I might have dropped out of college, but the last time I checked, 1 + (-1) = 0.

Really? He got a -1? I thought he got a 1. Bum.

P.S.: Trent Green gave me roofies this weekend, abducted me, and forced me at gunpoint to participate in his all-nude pre-teen male musical revue called "'Not quite' Guys and 'Blow-up' Dolls." I got the "Nicely Nicely Johnson" part for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Yup, he lost a fumble that wasn't readily apparent in the box score. Loser.
Good bye everyone.