How everyone did - Football

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

Postposted on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:09 pm

idchafee wrote:Does that make me The Man?


Yeah, you're the root of all the [OG] on [OG] violence going on in both leagues this weekend. :evil:

It's The Man forcing us down and forcing me to perfrom a Hogan leg drop on Dposcorp's neck as I take over leadership of team [OG]!!!!

It's the same old story, divide and conquer!


Now watch as I divide Dposcorp's ass cheeks with my size 13's this weekend!

It's go time! :x
BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:40 am
Location: Detroit

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:59 am

BerserkBen wrote:
idchafee wrote:Does that make me The Man?


Yeah, you're the root of all the [OG] on [OG] violence going on in both leagues this weekend. :evil:

It's The Man forcing us down and forcing me to perfrom a Hogan leg drop on Dposcorp's neck as I take over leadership of team [OG]!!!!

It's the same old story, divide and conquer!


Now watch as I divide Dposcorp's ass cheeks with my size 13's this weekend!

It's go time! :x


Hey, Eli Manning, it's me your big brother.
I see your remember when we used to watch wrestling together as kids.
KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Just for everyone’s edification and a little background, let me tell you what Ben has been jabbering about the last 4-5 weeks. He kept telling me I was dumb for dropping Chicago’s defense in both leagues, as well as for dropping Hines Ward in Banhammer, as he picked them both up.

Last night, he calls me after the end of the first quarter talking about its 0-0 and Chicago’s “D” is on fire.

Today, I see that the Mighty Chicago “D” scored the mighty 3 pts after giving up 24 points, including 2 touch down passes from a QB who hasn’t throw a TD pass in like 5 years.

Let's see what happens when Hines Ward gets shut down by Harrison and the Pat's D.

I can not believe, after years of seeing me stomping onto the carcasses of other FF owners that he would try to call me out.

Am I my brother’s keeper? Hell yes, as I will be “KEEPING” him from making the playoffs.


IF YOU CAN SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll…..
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:19 am

Dposcorp wrote:Am I my brother’s keeper? Hell yes, as I will be “KEEPING” him from making the playoffs.


Keep me from the playoffs? You couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight!

I guess you forgot we're going against each other in two league's. With that 3-10 record you have in NoCatchyNames, I can't blame you for trying to forgot the pain, you've been silent as a mouse in that league. I'm going to the PLAYOFFS in at least one league and with your sorry lineups, I just need some average games in the other league to make it. :lol:
BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:40 am
Location: Detroit

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:20 am

YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 13882
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:48 pm

So out of the 5 leagues I'm in this year... 3 are busted (all here :P) 1 is in contention, and 1 is in the playoffs... Strangely enough, I started strong in the 2 of 3 leagues I busted in, and the leagues for which I'm in contention, I worked my way up from the bottom...
druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:55 pm
Location: Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:58 pm

I'm in (5) fantasy leagues this year, 2 hockey and 3 football.
I'm in 1st place in every one of them except one (TR-nodogfights) where I'm only in 2nd place :D
I'm addicted :o

*runs* :wink:
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7303
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:59 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:*runs* :wink:

Must be time for Wapner.
Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. Big Al.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 20488
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:00 pm

DEFINATELY

Fish sticks and green jello @ 11!

Shorts on the freeway!

Of course I'm a very good driver! :lol:
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7303
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:18 pm

idchafee wrote:Who's Huggy Bear Jr?


Antonio Fargas aka Huggy Bear

Justin Fargas is his son.
BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:40 am
Location: Detroit

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:53 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:I'm in (5) fantasy leagues this year, 2 hockey and 3 football.
I'm in 1st place in every one of them except one (TR-nodogfights) where I'm only in 2nd place :D
I'm addicted :o

*runs* :wink:


Translation:
I'm the toughest 40 year old on the kindergarten play ground.

Next year, please ask Ian to put you in a league with other guys who have pubic hair.

Then we'll see how you do. :P
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Postposted on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:56 pm

idchafee wrote:Wait, when did PRIME become so studly?

You should change that to "Wait, when did Ron Dayne become so studly?"


FroBozz_Inc wrote:I
I'm in 1st place in every one of them except one (TR-nodogfights) where I'm only in 2nd place :D


And I shall do my best to keep you there. :wink:

Dposcorp wrote:Next year, please ask Ian to put you in a league with other guys who have pubic hair.


Does it count if you shave it?
Image
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark
PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7561
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:07 pm
Location: , location

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:23 am

Here is where I say farewell to this season in both Keeper's and Banhammer. My loss in the Keepers keeps me out of the playoffs (and the consolation, I think. Depends on if I drop far enough), and my loss in Banhammer puts me in dead. last. place.

Wow.

I only wish Banhammer was a Keeper league, so I would draft first next year... then again, I don't know if there is anyone I would want to keep (unless Derek Anderson stays with the Browns... he's sooo dreamy...) :wink:
Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:14 am
Location: Central Ohio

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:52 am

Rolling20s wrote:Here is where I say farewell to this season in both Keeper's and Banhammer. My loss in the Keepers keeps me out of the playoffs (and the consolation, I think. Depends on if I drop far enough), and my loss in Banhammer puts me in dead. last. place.

Wow.

I only wish Banhammer was a Keeper league, so I would draft first next year... then again, I don't know if there is anyone I would want to keep (unless Derek Anderson stays with the Browns... he's sooo dreamy...) :wink:


Cheer up, for I have good news.
TR BBQ #5 is only 7 months away :)

However, since you are packing up the station wagon and moving out of Banhammer, please save room for Berserkben. Yes, he does have Colston and Brees playing monday night, but as he is losing to me now by the score of 105.36 to 38.20, not only is the fat lady singing, but she brought all her Jenny Craig friends with her. :lol:
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:00 am

Well, looks like Jason Witten and the McLaren Mercs single handedly pushed Damage out of the playoff picture in Banhammer (and inadvertely let pete_roth back in as well). Pete will pay me back by getting his butt whipped in week 15. I'm looking forward to the big rematch vs Corrado in week 16. (He pwns my ass in every matchup we've ever played.)
Image
thill9
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:06 am
Location: Missouri

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:40 pm

Freaking A... 7 points out of the playoffs in NoCatchyNames... If only I had started Cutler like I wanted to over Favre... :P
druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:55 pm
Location: Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:50 pm

What's the tie-breaker? Which one of the three of us at 8-6 in the 23-month sentence league is going to be left out?
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 15494
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The Heart of Dixie

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 pm

JustAnEngineer wrote:What's the tie-breaker? Which one of the three of us at 8-6 in the 23-month sentence league is going to be left out?

The one with the fewest cumulative points, IIRC
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 21418
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: WHAT?

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:10 pm

I know I'm a long shot to win it, but I have the firepower on any given weekend. I figure I won't lose again.
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 11921
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 5:55 am
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Postposted on Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:34 am

Man, I kinda stunk it up this season. Placed last in Banhammer and only made the consolation bracket in the Keeper League. Long way to fall from finishing second in the Keeper's last year.

I've also got only one player that I'd want to keep (as of now), in Addai. Everyone else can get freaking lost as far as I'm concerned.
Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:14 am
Location: Central Ohio

Postposted on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 am

I have to play Frobozz in the first round in both the leagues I'm in? At least I made the playoffs, unlike last year.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.
Kevin
Administrator
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postposted on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:56 pm

Kevin wrote:I have to play Frobozz in the first round in both the leagues I'm in? At least I made the playoffs, unlike last year.


It'll be a quick exit then. Phear Rain Man!

Rolling20s wrote:I've also got only one player that I'd want to keep (as of now), in Addai. Everyone else can get freaking lost as far as I'm concerned.


That's where I was in the Keepers this time last year.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 13882
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Postposted on Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:52 am

idchafee wrote:
Kevin wrote:I have to play Frobozz in the first round in both the leagues I'm in? At least I made the playoffs, unlike last year.


It'll be a quick exit then. Phear Rain Man!


:lol: In the Keepers, I'm feeling pretty confident. In NoDogFights though, I think it's a toss-up for sure. :o In my other league that you are also in Stiffie, I think I may very well loose against Spider Pigs in the first round. Be Nice To Da Noobie (my wife) actually beat me to end up first place for the regular season (by 2 fantasy points), and may very well win it all. Just so you know, she used your smack talk comment from fantasy hockey last year, "Just wait until football season" as "tacklin' fuel" to motivate her against you this year. :lol: Whatever works! :wink:

Evil Overlords: "Let's get ready to rumblllllllllle!" 8)
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7303
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Postposted on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:04 pm

Just wondering, did everyone who started Tom Brady lose today? That would be the first place guys in both my leagues!
BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:40 am
Location: Detroit

Postposted on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:42 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote: :lol: In the Keepers, I'm feeling pretty confident.

Still??
Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. Big Al.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 20488
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Postposted on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:23 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:Evil Overlords: "Let's get ready to rumblllllllllle!" 8)

How's it feel to get rumbled? Although you'll probably win in NoDogFightsAllowed. But the Keepers is all mine baby.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.
Kevin
Administrator
 
Posts: 6592
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postposted on Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:36 pm

I got crushed.
Part of it was me over-analyzing different players this last week, and I kept changing players in and out of my line-up.

Good game bro.

I wonder if Pete Roth can come back and win the Championship in Banhammer?

GO PETE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Postposted on Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Dposcorp wrote:I got crushed.
Part of it was me over-analyzing different players this last week, and I kept changing players in and out of my line-up.

Good game bro.

I wonder if Pete Roth can come back and win the Championship in Banhammer?

GO PETE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Addai was a disappointment but as long as Portis keeps going the wya he is, Peterson will have to have a Godlike day tomorrow for Merc to beat me down. I don't have a subscription to stat tracker so AFAIK I'm narrowly winnning, anyone want to send a screenshot to my email :D
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 11921
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 5:55 am
Location: Pittsburgh PA

Postposted on Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:35 pm

Kevin wrote:
FroBozz_Inc wrote:Evil Overlords: "Let's get ready to rumblllllllllle!" 8)

How's it feel to get rumbled? Although you'll probably win in NoDogFightsAllowed. But the Keepers is all mine baby.


Captain Ned wrote:
FroBozz_Inc wrote: :lol: In the Keepers, I'm feeling pretty confident.

Still??


I got smoked :o :x :cry: I'm in shock :(

Lert down by Brady and Romo (in two leagues)
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7303
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Postposted on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:31 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
I got smoked :o :x :cry: I'm in shock :(

Lert down by Brady and Romo (in two leagues)


GOOD!

In Banhammer, Captain Ned picked LT first, and in No Catchy names, I did the same.

Neither of us made the Playoffs by picking LT first.
We finished in 9th and 10th place, respectively.

It will be fitting that anyone that picked Brady down the line does not win the championship, since he was crashing most of us all year long.


Sore loser here, so yeah yeah, misery loves company. :D
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 2417
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Detroit, Michigan

Postposted on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:48 pm

I just realized I never uploaded Week 13. Its on my laptop at work, so tomorrow I'll do Week 14 and upload both 13 and 14. Stay tuned.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 13882
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:39 am
Location: Chicago, IL

PreviousNext

Return to TR Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests