Different fantasy football leagues

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

Different fantasy football leagues

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:33 am

So Ive used Yahoo and fanball for my fantasy leagues over the last 5 years or so. There are things that I like about both, but also things I dislike. What other leagues have you guys tried, and how do they compare? epsn.com, nfl.com, etc. Cost? Live scoring? Options? Customability? (hmm, dont think that was a real word..)
Swinger
Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:39 am

AOL's free leagues (licensed from fanball I believe) have an absolute ton of features and customizability. Live scoring, leagues/owners/etc carry over from year to year, etc. The interface can be a bit kludgy though and yahoo does things like player status/news a bit better imo. A friend of mine works at AOL so he got our league pointed in that direction (since he works down the hall from the people who run it).

It offers a ton for free and is really only let down by the interface and player news bits. You can customize damn near anything.
mattsteg
Gerbil God

Postposted on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:54 am

My "offline friends" league uses webleaguemanager.com. Its not crazy expensive ($100/yr for a 10 team league) and its got a lot of nice scouting/draft prep/injury report stuff.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Return to TR Sports