Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: NHL playoffs

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

SIGS NOW WITH STANLEY CUP GOODNESS! AND CAPS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Man today at the office was brutal but I just printed out all my **** quality camera phones, let the inner office email FLOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! YEAAA!!!!!

MaxTheLimit
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Despite my team not even getting past the first round I would have to say that's one of the best finals in a long while.

FubbHead
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:29 pm

I guess I should feel a little bit proud at least. A lot of countrymen in there... :-)
Amiga 1200, 68020@28MHz, 4MB+2MB RAM, Conner 80MB harddrive

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:30 pm

MaxTheLimit wrote:
Despite my team not even getting past the first round I would have to say that's one of the best finals in a long while.

Let's hope the Penguins does not suffer from the curse of the Stanley Cups runner-up like the Sens this year. :o
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 pm

I wanted the Wings to win for 2 reasons. 1 I'm from Detroit. 2 I'm sick of hearing about Crosby. He's like the Peyton Manning of the NHL.

I hate teams that rely on just one player.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:13 pm

I'm bummed there isn't going to be another game. Both because a seventh game is always the best (not to mention the Red Wings' opportunity to win at home) but also because of all the amusing pissing and moaning there would've been in this thread.

But hey, now the cup gets to visit Newfoundland.

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am

pete_roth wrote:
SIGS NOW WITH STANLEY CUP GOODNESS! AND CAPS!

Go Red WIngs! NOW WITH 100% MORE OWNAGE.

Say what you want about Detroit, but our sports kick azz.
For like the last 25 years, it seems like every few years we are celebrating a College or Pro championship of some sort, or at least a appearance in the Championship series / game.*
(*Screw the Lions)

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 pm

The Red Wings may be able to win the Cup, but you can't trust them to take care of it.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:27 pm

UberGerbil wrote:
The Red Wings may be able to win the Cup, but you can't trust them to take care of it.

That's far from the worst thing to have happened to the Cup in its travels which is what makes the Cup such a special trophy. Babies have been christened in it, dogs have eaten out of it, thousands of people have drunk out of it, and it's been to the bottom of several swimming pools. I'm sure there's more but that's just what I remember off the top of my head.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
UberGerbil wrote:

That's far from the worst thing to have happened to the Cup in its travels which is what makes the Cup such a special trophy. Babies have been christened in it, dogs have eaten out of it, thousands of people have drunk out of it, and it's been to the bottom of several swimming pools. I'm sure there's more but that's just what I remember off the top of my head.

More then you realize. A small dent hardly even ranks on this list.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

UberGerbil
Grand Admiral Gerbil

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:26 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
I know: see my link earlier in this very thread. I was just jerking the chain of the wings fans around here.