Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

LicketySplit
Gerbil God
Topic Author

BCS....NO Playoff

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Hah...and they say if it isnt broken..dont fix it. :lol: Read my lips you nilly willy's....GTH!! :lol:

http://sports.myway.com/news/04302008/v4653.html

The Pac 10 coaches have clearly lobbied for a playoff...why are they lying thru their teeth? If they want to make the money they obviously are...spend a little on the players so they can make it thru school without starving :evil:
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Re: BCS....NO Playoff

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:22 pm

LicketySplit wrote:
The Pac 10 coaches have clearly lobbied for a playoff...why are they lying thru their teeth? If they want to make the money they obviously are...spend a little on the players so they can make it thru school without starving :evil:
Reggie Bush made more money illegally while at USC than most of us will ever make in 3 years of an honest job.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah...wtf is up with that? NCAA isnt doing squat about it? The way they treat student atheletes they should give them some kind of stipend to make ends meet..between practice and school there really isnt much time to work. I dont know who would be against some kind of aid...and as you mentioned..its been going on for many years anyway.
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

Turkina
Gerbil Elite

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Absolutely agree. Those poor guys. No tuition, free room and board, and degrees they didnt earn. They should definitely be paid for that. As a matter of fact, I would gladly pay more in tuition (since I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to work in order to pay my tuition) so that they can continue to run around and catch balls.
Perhaps we should start a charity to help fund these poor starving college football players.

~Turkina

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:42 pm

It's quite simple. The schools that make up the BCS aren't willing to let the rest of Division 1-A into their quite lucrative "thing of ours".
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:56 pm

As soon as a playoff is more profitable than the current system, we'll have a playoff. That way we can spend the 2-3 days after the playoffs are set talking about the teams that got left out, like we do with basketball.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!