Take that Mark Cuban!!

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

Take that Mark Cuban!!

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Perfect...Nellie won the arbitration from the evil Cuban. Too bad it wasnt more :lol:

http://sports.myway.com/news/08012008/v2954.html
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.
LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Re: Take that Mark Cuban!!

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:52 pm

I thought Cuban had won a reprieve from being called "evil" in Washington State because he was one of only two owners who voted against the Sonics' move to OKC?
UberGerbil
Gerbil Khan

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 pm

I don't mind Cuban at all. i wish more sports franchises were run by fans rather than corporations who don't give a damn about the game.
leor
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:26 pm

leor wrote:I don't mind Cuban at all. i wish more sports franchises were run by fans rather than corporations who don't give a damn about the game.

QFT
MSI 870A-G55 AM3 | AMD Phenom ll X4 955 Black Edition | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision
IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:32 pm

retired Judge Glen M. Ashworth, also rejected Cuban's claim that Nelson used "confidential information" to help the Warriors upset the top-seeded Mavs in the first round of the 2007 playoffs.

Confidential information? Ha!
Maybe Mark forgot that Nellie knew that team inside and out having been the the coach.
MSI 870A-G55 AM3 | AMD Phenom ll X4 955 Black Edition | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision
IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:39 pm

IAmGhostDog wrote:Confidential information? Ha!
Maybe Mark forgot that Nellie knew that team inside and out having been the the coach.

No, he's saying that being the coach allowed him access to confidential information regarding something that would give them an advantage, which he wouldn't have had if he HADN'T been the coach.

It seems in your earnest dislike for Cuban you forgot what the suit was actually about.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 pm

leor wrote:I don't mind Cuban at all. i wish more sports franchises were run by fans rather than corporations who don't give a damn about the game.

Amen. Let's get more owners who know something about the team they own and the league they're in rather than knowing more about the tax write offs and corporate benefits.

I'm not a huge Cuban fan (unless it's a Monte Cristo :wink: ), but at least he's out on the floor with the team rather than watching from a corporate box away from the common folk.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran
Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Location: In a lab playing with germs, or waking people up at 6am so I can stick a needle in them

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:00 pm

UberGerbil wrote:I thought Cuban had won a reprieve from being called "evil" in Washington State because he was one of only two owners who voted against the Sonics' move to OKC?

Bah...the Sonics were toast anyway...Stern made that quite clear. He should be canned AFAIC. Cuban goes a bit beyond just being "involved" with his team. Its a well know fact that he and Stern have strained relations and i think his vote was just a dig to piss him off even more :lol:
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.
LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Return to TR Sports