My golf game needs help.

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

Re: My golf game needs help.

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:44 am

When I go through a spell like this it usually helps to stop at the range and work on it a little bit...if nothing else just for the confidence builder. I usually find I've been standing too far away ---or too close to -- the ball. Besides, you know what they say about a 3 iron...that it's the best club to hit when it's raining, because not even God can hit one! :)

Golf is such a mental game. That's why it's so hard for me! :) Good luck!
Retired!
gerbilspy
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Re: My golf game needs help.

Postposted on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:57 am

The clubs could very well be part of the problem, cheaper clubs while they are more forgiving they will sacrifice playability for that forgiveness.

I find sometimes with my long irons I'll swing it like my short irons. Meaning that I'll be too steep on the angle of attack on the ball. You need to swing them almost like you would a wood. Not as shallow becaus you still should take a divot.

And as gerbilspy said...it wouldn't hurt to hit the range a few times to work you out of your funk.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran
Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Location: In a lab playing with germs, or waking people up at 6am so I can stick a needle in them

Return to TR Sports