TR FF Smack Talk thread - all leagues

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

TR FF Smack Talk thread - all leagues

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:55 am

It has been brought to my attention that during FF season, sometimes people like to discuss how things went the previous week.

Should we have a thread just for FF smack talk across the various leagues?

I wouldn't use it personally, because I think it is immature and un-sportsman like, but some others have expressed interest in it.

Feel free to mention which league/team/forum user you would like to discuss in a courteous manner.

Screens shots could be taken and linked for those not in some of the leagues, and friendly banter could be exchanged.

If this is a good idea, then you may use this thread for it. If not, then by all means lock this thread.
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber

Re: TR FF Smack Talk thread - all leagues

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:10 am

Steel City Ballin' reporting for smack talk. It looked bad early but I pulled out the win and I'll do it again this week. Come get some.
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:27 am

I wouldn't use it personally, because I think it is immature and un-sportsman like, but some others have expressed interest in it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What? You know me well enough to know I would not participate in this type of thread.
I created this thread to merely assist those who expressed a interest in this type of discussion.

I would not demean myself by pointing out a individual’s failure.

However, if said person AND HIS WIFE both failed, then all bets are off.

Dposcorp
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:58 am

ZOMG Low Blow. :oops:

You gonna let your little brother beat you down again this year, DPOS? :D

Note to self: Be on a fantasy team with Dpos and Ben next year. Maybe we should have a Michigan only BBQ attendee TR league? There's prolly enough of us, I know my wife wants to be on one with all you guys too.

Me
My wife
My brother-in-law Kelly (Motown in TR fantasy)
PRIME1
Dposcorp
BerzerkBen
Z-Man
Who else?
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:01 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:ZOMG Low Blow. :oops:

You gonna let your little brother beat you down again this year, DPOS? :D

Note to self: Be on a fantasy team with Dpos and Ben next year. Maybe we should have a Michigan only BBQ attendee TR league? There's prolly enough of us, I know my wife wants to be on one with all you guys too.

Me
My wife
My brother-in-law Kelly (Motown in TR fantasy)
PRIME1
Dposcorp
BerzerkBen
Z-Man
Who else?

Ian........we need someone to hold down last place, don't we? :)
Dposcorp
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 am

I don't even know the people in my league, someone named honey buttered toast? I thought for sure I ended up in the wive's club FF league. :lol:
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 am

I hate this thread and I hate dposcorp for starting it. Locked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:17 pm

pete_roth wrote:I don't even know the people in my league...

Let me introduce myself. I'm the guy in first place with the most points in TR...Out Of Names. 8)
BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:36 pm

Nice to meet you, please refer to me as your majesty in the future though. This week will be tough on me, I would never root against the burgh, but my offensive relies a bit on the browns and my opponent relies on the parker and co.
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:54 pm

*snickers at Ben's TR trophy case* :lol:
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:06 pm

So who picked Indy to lose?

That was a happy game.... If Manning skips the pre-season next year they should shave his head and tattoo a target on it.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark
PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:21 am

I'll be looking to open my account this week and hopefully start my illustrious campaign to avoid the wooden spoon this season.
iMac 27" | 13" Macbook Pro all running Mavericks
monts
Gerbil Jedi

Location: Western Australia (Gods Own Country for those uncertain)

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:13 am

PRIME1 wrote:So who picked Indy to lose?

That was a happy game.... If Manning skips the pre-season next year they should shave his head and tattoo a target on it.

Ah Prime1, aka, "Old Faithful." It doesn’t take the power of the Large Hadron Collider to predict the outcome of the big bang my team makes when it goes up against yours.
It’s like Green Bay playing the Lions; you can pencil in that W as soon as the schedule is announced.
Dposcorp
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 pm

pete_roth wrote:Nice to meet you, please refer to me as your majesty in the future though. This week will be tough on me, I would never root against the burgh, but my offensive relies a bit on the browns and my opponent relies on the parker and co.

You have to root for your real team first and root for your fantasy team second. Which would you rather see? You win your FF league or the Stillers win another Super Bowl? Besides, you could lose this week (though neither team really got all that much offense) and still win the fantasy league. :D

edit: McNabb is my only hope to avoid going 0-2 in both my regular league and the TR Couples' league. I'm such a n00b. :lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Well, it's not like they didn't try real hard to lose...the Vikes are just more experienced and persistent in giving games away.
mattsteg
Gerbil God

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:23 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:You have to root for your real team first and root for your fantasy team second. Which would you rather see? You win your FF league or the Stillers win another Super Bowl?

QFT. The football gods smile on he who is true to his team. Which is why I was rooting for Aaron Rodgers to shred me in my offline league. And shred me he did. :D
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:31 pm

Well the steelers did their part, and Derek Anderson netted me negative points. I got destroyed. My entire team is kinda weak, no one is producing! Patience.....
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:44 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:You have to root for your real team first and root for your fantasy team second. Which would you rather see? You win your FF league or the Stillers win another Super Bowl?

I live here, where the Detroit Lions play. I have no delusions about us winning the Super Bowl, therefore your rule does not apply to me as I would rather my fantasy team(s) win. One friend of mine in my work league actually named themselves Love2CTheLionsLose. I have a Romo jersey (I have no Lions jersey. The wife has Brady's) so I think I'll go ahead and pick Dallas again this year as the adopted team I root for, and my pick for the Superbowl.

Matt Cassel, you aren't going to be my savior in the Keeper league. That's for flippin' sure.
Darren McFadden, I'm glad I never managed to trade you yet in two leagues. Stay hurt, OK Fargas?
Chris Johnson - looking good
Julius Jones - Sure looks like a stud when he's the only option on offense
Cutler, Rodgers, Manning - 1-2-3 in fantasy this year?
Brandon Marshall - would have broken TO's reception record if it wasn't for that amazingly gutsy go-for-2 to win
Derek Andserson and Carson Palmer - Glad I didn't end up with either of you in any of my teams.
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:20 pm

Oh, yeah, the Lions? **** that. Be realistic. But don't enjoy your team being smashed; only take solace in your fantasy team getting a bonus. "At least I have Aaron Rodgers on my fantasy team" is acceptable. Rooting for him to throw 3TD's, OTOH, is not.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:34 pm

Dposcorp wrote:

Ah Prime1, aka, "Old Faithful." It doesn’t take the power of the Large Hadron Collider to predict the outcome of the big bang my team makes when it goes up against yours.
It’s like Green Bay playing the Lions; you can pencil in that W as soon as the schedule is announced.

Bah with my luck it's like you are bragging about winning solitaire.
PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:17 am

It's ok Prime1, idchafee doesnt like to feel alone at the bottom.

I, on the other hand, perch majestically on the mountain known as TR Football leagues.
Just so it is not lost to posterity, here is a screen shot for all to gaze upon.
May the glory of the Fantasy Football deities shine upon all those below me.

P.S. I know I am a loser with no life when I spend the first hour at work putting together a smack talk post.
Dposcorp
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 am

Dposcorp wrote:P.S. I know I am a loser with no life when I spend the first hour at work putting together a smack talk post.

No wonder Kwame was able to get away with so much. :P
PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
Dposcorp wrote:P.S. I know I am a loser with no life when I spend the first hour at work putting together a smack talk post.

No wonder Kwame was able to get away with so much. :P

That hurt my feelings. I am not a bad guy really.

As a matter a fact, in the Gimme Blue TR Theme! league, I just offered Idchafee, who is in last place, a small trade to help us both out.
Look, I took a screen shot of it.

Dposcorp
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 pm

Oh hardy har har har.
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:12 pm

This success must all be new to you or something. The novelty wears off eventually.
mattsteg
Gerbil God

Postposted on Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm

I'm enjoying the domination that is occurring in the TR...OutofNames league. I'm in second, but still undefeated. I think I'll be enjoying a nice, long run to the Championship. Anyone want to try and stop me?
Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 am

Rolling20s wrote:I'm enjoying the domination that is occurring in the TR...OutofNames league. I'm in second, but still undefeated. I think I'll be enjoying a nice, long run to the Championship. Anyone want to try and stop me?

Oh, we gots ourselves an internet tough guy here! Well, let me bring you back down to earth and under my heel where you belong! I'm the guy in first place by over 50 points in TR...OutofNames after beating my first two opponents by an average of 60 points. I'm also the guy who just crushed you in TRZOMG5THLEAGUE and dropped you to 0-2. You got no chance against me, especially since I traded my table scraps to some chump for Reggie Wayne (thanks Pete :wink: ) Oh yeah, I had Steve Smith sitting on my bench for those first two games, man....I think I'm going to leave a a few slots empty each week just to give the rest of the league a chance. :lol:
BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:33 am

BerserkBen wrote:
Rolling20s wrote:I'm enjoying the domination that is occurring in the TR...OutofNames league. I'm in second, but still undefeated. I think I'll be enjoying a nice, long run to the Championship. Anyone want to try and stop me?

Oh, we gots ourselves an internet tough guy here! Well, let me bring you back down to earth and under my heel where you belong! I'm the guy in first place by over 50 points in TR...OutofNames after beating my first two opponents by an average of 60 points. I'm also the guy who just crushed you in TRZOMG5THLEAGUE and dropped you to 0-2. You got no chance against me, especially since I traded my table scraps to some chump for Reggie Wayne (thanks Pete :wink: ) Oh yeah, I had Steve Smith sitting on my bench for those first two games, man....I think I'm going to leave a a few slots empty each week just to give the rest of the league a chance. :lol:

I've still got a lot of work to do to avoid the wooden spoon in this league. Oh well you've gotta start somewhere.
iMac 27" | 13" Macbook Pro all running Mavericks
monts
Gerbil Jedi

Location: Western Australia (Gods Own Country for those uncertain)

Postposted on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 am

BerserkBen wrote:

The thing that you fail to remember is that some week, somewhere down the road, your guys will let you down. They'll slip up, and I'll be there, waiting. They'll take a week off, and I'll keep rolling. And, at the end of it all, you'll look back and wonder what happened during that time. I will have won, and you'll be looking up at me from second place. That is how it's gonna go down this year. 8)
Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Next

Return to TR Sports