25 (58%)
Green Bay (Cheese) Packers
3 (7%)

Total votes: 43

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Superbowl!

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Lickety, it was a forearm, not a punch. And they are wearing pretty thick armor. I'm not justifying what he did, but there was no grievous damage done. I'm sure he'll be reprimanded in some form, everyone seems to agree it was uncalled for.

Kulith
Gerbil XP

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:07 pm

LicketySplit wrote:
Pushing a guy??? Did we watch the same game? I definitely saw Harrison punch that player in the back several times rather forcefully...you call that ok? The guy needs to be punished and rather severely i might add. He should be put in PacMan's league of dumb moves AFAIC :roll:

The Cardinal was down. He punched him with an open fist on the back, when he tried to get up he pushed him, and when he got up he pushed him again. I know what happened. Like I said, it was a dick move, aggressive and mean, but so where tons of other similar plays this season. I didn't say it was OK... I didn't say that at all. I said the refs got the call right.

Edit: ty pete_roth
Core 2 quad q6600 w/ thermaltake V1 | eVGA GTX260 core216 | Abit IP35 Pro | 4gb OCZ ddr2 800 | 60GB OCZ Vertex | Corsair 750W CMPSU | Antec 900 | Samsung 206BW 20" | Windows 7 Ult x64 | Ideazon Merc Stealth & Logitech G5 | I-Trigue L3800

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:08 pm

pete_roth wrote:
Lickety, it was a forearm, not a punch.

You may want to watch the clip here. 2 punches and then a push. How is that not unsportsmanlike conduct? Oh I forgot......your a Crappsburgh fan. :roll:

pete_roth wrote:
And they are wearing pretty thick armor. I'm not justifying what he did, but there was no grievous damage done. I'm sure he'll be reprimanded in some form, everyone seems to agree it was uncalled for.

So any sport that requires the players to wear protective equipment means they can wail on each other when they feel like it? What they are wearing has no bearing on what he did.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Kulith
Gerbil XP

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Hoser wrote:
You may want to watch the clip here. 2 punches and then a push. How is that not unsportsmanlike conduct? Oh I forgot......your a Crappsburgh fan. :roll:

nobody said it wasn't unsportsmanlike... I said the refs got the call right, and the penalty was unsportsmanlike conduct.

Hoser wrote:

So any sport that requires the players to wear protective equipment means they can wail on each other when they feel like it? What they are wearing has no bearing on what he did.

Obviously not, it was a 15 yard penalty, and that's hardly nothing, and the Cardinals took advantage of it for a touchdown.
Core 2 quad q6600 w/ thermaltake V1 | eVGA GTX260 core216 | Abit IP35 Pro | 4gb OCZ ddr2 800 | 60GB OCZ Vertex | Corsair 750W CMPSU | Antec 900 | Samsung 206BW 20" | Windows 7 Ult x64 | Ideazon Merc Stealth & Logitech G5 | I-Trigue L3800

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Hoser wrote:
pete_roth wrote:
Lickety, it was a forearm, not a punch.

Open hand on the back, not closed. 2 pushes. That's what the jackass gets for diving at his knees. He's lucky he's still breathing :lol:.

I'm changing my location to WINSBURGH!!!

PS. Wetsu.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:32 pm

If you happened to watch his face after that flagrant foul you may have seen something to change your mind pete. The guy was reveling in what he did..like "Take that you bitch" :roll: I still say the guy should get a serious fine and suspension.
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrAbErvQ54 better video. It's still clear it wasn't a punch, the hand is clearly open. This ain't bitch ball, no one wants any of Harrison. Not that they could handle him. He'll get his don't worry.

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 pm

I'm sorry Pete, but right now you are full of crap. You should be ashamed to support a team that lets its players act like that. He should be suspended for at least a few games next season. Did you also hear the rumors that he is on some sort of probation for abuse in the home as well? He's got anger problems.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:40 pm

pete_roth wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrAbErvQ54 better video. It's still clear it wasn't a punch, the hand is clearly open. This ain't bitch ball, no one wants any of Harrison. Not that they could handle him. He'll get his don't worry.

The very first thing he does is punch him in the back. His hand looks closed to me. He does not appear to open it until he starts shoving him. Seems like a Grade-A Douche Bag to me.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:
I'm sorry Pete, but right now you are full of crap. You should be ashamed to support a team that lets its players act like that. He should be suspended for at least a few games next season. Did you also hear the rumors that he is on some sort of probation for abuse in the home as well? He's got anger problems.

And I'm happy to watch him vent all over the opposing teams all day. So he roughed a kicker up so what. Defensive MVP of the year, not "skirt of the year". Damn nancies. I'm not condoning it, but I support my team and players 100%.

My favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ngdgJ_Jvw

Suck it Cincinnati. :lol:

Usacomp2k3
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:53 pm

You support him being a bully and going way above and beyond the game and making it personal? You are a thug and ought to be ashamed of yourself.

He didn't "rough up a kicker". He attacked him plain and simple.

Look, I know what it's like to win national titles (4 titles in 3 years for the Florida Gators). That is absolutely no justification for wishing physical harm on anyone. You need to get your head out of cloud 9 and come back to earth.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Where did I wish any harm on anyone? I just think the bleeding hearts here have a few other bleeding areas. I repeatedly have said I don't condone what he did, but it's a physical game and he's a beast. I think what he did was a bit over the top but it was chippy on both sides at this point in the game and I still don't see a closed fist anywhere, I see JH pushing their bitch kicker around who went low on him (legal or not) and he took exception to it. It's football, they are men, and they have plenty of protection. I'm sure the league will deal with it monetarily. You guys should watch a hockey game.

Kulith
Gerbil XP

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Usacomp2k3 wrote:

Ok don't be ridiculous. Because you support a team doesn't mean you think everything each player has ever done is right. Seriously, if one player does something boneheaded it doesn't mean the entire team is boneheaded... you're the one full of crap right now. I shouldn't be ashamed to be a Steelers fan just because Harrison gets angry. Hines Ward, Troy Polamalu, Santonio Holmes, Mike Tom and many others are all great guys who've worked really hard as a team. The Steelers have Harrison because he is a beast and an amazing football player, and they'll pay the price for his stupid mistakes as long as they can reap the benefits of having him on the team. Obviously they don't "let their players act like that" when it costs them yards and touchdowns, like that play did...

Fans support their teams through the highs and lows. Do not tell me to be ashamed to support my team because of Harrison's actions. I'll be ashamed of Harrison for Harrison's actions.

pete_roth wrote:
Usacomp2k3 wrote:

And I'm happy to watch him vent all over the opposing teams all day. So he roughed a kicker up so what. Defensive MVP of the year, not "skirt of the year". Damn nancies. I'm not condoning it, but I support my team and players 100%.

My favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3ngdgJ_Jvw

Suck it Cincinnati. :lol:

Heres a play that defines Harrison in and out!!! Only he would do something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ph2atvOa9w
afterward: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3xNSiRTDc

Like it or not, I personally think Harrison was a baller there. The play on the superbowl was different ofc, I lost respect for him there even though it was less aggressive than that. But he is still an amazing player.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:57 pm

pete_roth wrote:
Where did I wish any harm on anyone? I just think the bleeding hearts here have a few other bleeding areas.

Seems the refs had a few "bleeding areas" for Pittsburgh as well. They had no problem calling roughing the passer, roughing the place holder, roughing the endzone with touchdowns.

I truly expected Pitt to win, but by playing better which they did not. A lot of bad calls ruined Arizona's much better play.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

ssidbroadcast
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Okay, the game aside....

MACGRUBER! THERE IS ONLY ONE COLA HE WILL POUR INTO HIS MOUTH-HOLE!

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Don't you mean Pepsuber?

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Well then Prime1 how about the play where you can CLEARLY see Ben's knee with a shadow under it, and that the ruling on the field WAS A TOUCHDOWN, they reversed it. To reverse a play there must be CLEAR AND INCONTROVERTIBLE evidence of the play not being as it was called, if there is ANY doubt, the ruling stands. There is a lot of doubt. What I don't doubt is we deserved to win, and that there are a lot of butthurt anti-steelers out there. Wait til we repeat, you heard it here first player pimps.

damtachoa
Gerbil

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 pm

First, the referee should kick Harrison out the game because of meaningfully attacking the guy after the play over.
Second, His knee already downed before the goal line landing on Fitz's leg. How come they count it as a touch down?

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 pm

damtachoa wrote:
Second, His knee already downed before the goal line landing on Fitz's leg. How come they count it as a touch down?

Being "downed" on another player doesn't count. It has to be the ground
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:51 pm

He was also being illegally pulled into the endzone by his lineman :) So I think it's a moot point whether he was down or not...

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:01 pm

damtachoa wrote:
First, the referee should kick Harrison out the game because of meaningfully attacking the guy after the play over.

Don't even mention the fact that Fitz was out of bounds and then ran in to make the tackle, which AFAIK is an illegal tackle. But you said it yourself, he road Fitz into the endzone, that is not down. Moot point though.

Kevin
Administrator

Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:42 pm

pete_roth wrote:
Don't even mention the fact that Fitz was out of bounds and then ran in to make the tackle, which AFAIK is an illegal tackle.

No, that's a legal tackle. You just can't go out of bounds and then be the first to touch the ball.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:21 pm

FireGryphon
Darth Gerbil

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Skrying wrote:

Skyring's source wrote:
And this is why NFL officials don't use still photography in the replay booth.

It's time to let this go. Pretty please.

And aside from my objection with beginning a sentence with "and", I agree completely.
Sheep Rustlers in the sky! <S> Slapt | <S> FUI | Air Warrior II/III

Kevin
Administrator

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:22 pm

He made the catch. I'm more concerned over the lack of a 15 yard penalty for using the ball as a prop after the TD. That would have given the Cards better field position for the final drive.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Yes, that photo has already been linked but is such low quality that you can tell nothing around his feet.

Kulith
Gerbil XP

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:48 pm

Skrying wrote:
Yes, that photo has already been linked but is such low quality that you can tell nothing around his feet.

You must be blind. The only play cardinal fans should be complaining about is using the ball as a prop. ESPN said that the Refs today admitted that it should have been a penalty.

Kevin wrote:
pete_roth wrote:
Don't even mention the fact that Fitz was out of bounds and then ran in to make the tackle, which AFAIK is an illegal tackle.

No, that's a legal tackle. You just can't go out of bounds and then be the first to touch the ball.

not when your feet are out of bounds while your making the tackle

0:37

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 pm

there are bigger problems, like the fact he used the ball as a prop after that catch and didn't get the 15 yard penalty - he threw the ball into the air like it was LeBron's pre-game cloud of cocaine. Not that he's losing sleep over it (and said so in an interview) but I wonder how differently played would have been called if AZ was starting so much closer to midfield.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:32 pm

How about we bitch and moan about all the uncalled unsportsmanlike blown when Kurt removed his helmet on the field?

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:00 pm

quit crying, you baby, you already won. ;)
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen