Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

LicketySplit
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Chucky replaces Kornhole in MNF debut

Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 am

Amen....sure glad that kornheiser is leaving...what a bimbo...altho i would have rather had him stay and Tirico go...but i think he will be a good fit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4174469
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

rbattle
Gerbil First Class

Re: Chucky replaces Kornhole in MNF debut

Mon May 18, 2009 12:27 pm

I like PTI and I like Kornheiser, but I am glad he is getting out of it. Gruden seems a good fit as well. Hopefully he can soften Jaws' awkward and seemingly always-scripted anecdotes.
i7-4770K, Asus Z87-PRO, GTX 970, 16GB DDR3-2400, 840 PRO, Silverstone FT02b, Overlord 1440P IPS @ 117Hz

Go HOKIES!

Kevin
Administrator

Mon May 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Any change to the ESPN MNF lineup is a good thing. None of those guys knew anything about football.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon May 18, 2009 2:45 pm

I personally think Fouts got screwed by the Dennis Miller experiment. Listen to him during one of his college games. Clear, concise, explains both side of the game.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Mon May 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Kornheiser was a terrible choice. Football is not his game, his style is not fit for broadcasting, just a bad situation that is over with. Him and Wilbon on PTI are great together, that's where he should stay and in other short burst capacities.

Gruden is a good choice from what I've seen/heard of him in broadcasting so far. But the booth for MNF is still not that hot.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Mon May 18, 2009 4:32 pm

I'm not sure how this will turn out. I think Gruden will be better than Kornheiser, but I'm not a huge fan of Gruden.

I think as long as he can keep up a professional attitude he should be good, but if gets into the mindset like he did when he was on the sidelines as a coach, things might get ugly.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

LicketySplit
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Mon May 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Hoser wrote:
I'm not sure how this will turn out. I think Gruden will be better than Kornheiser, but I'm not a huge fan of Gruden.

I think as long as he can keep up a professional attitude he should be good, but if gets into the mindset like he did when he was on the sidelines as a coach, things might get ugly.

Pffffffffffffft...Merideth in the old days was great. He was a treat along with Howard Cosell...but then again you get somewhat spoiled by knowledgeable people in the booth. I liked Gifford as well. Its all about showtime and bucks...thats where Tirico sucks :lol:
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon May 18, 2009 7:23 pm

Back in the day you just know that those three were passing a bottle back & forth during the game. How else do you explain "turn out the lights, the party's over"? :wink:
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Mon May 18, 2009 7:28 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
Back in the day you just know that those three were passing a bottle back & forth during the game. How else do you explain "turn out the lights, the party's over"? :wink:

You dont really....but at least they had some inkling of whats going on. Tirco reminds me of Faldo on golf coverage...and a couple others..but thats for another thread. I just wish i could replace the dicks and get some decent commentary :lol:

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon May 18, 2009 7:32 pm

LicketySplit wrote:
I just wish i could replace the dicks and get some decent commentary :lol:

That would require ESPN to stop telling them to promote upcoming events and just let them go off into the wild like the Cosell days. IOW, it'll never happen, because we all know who owns ESPN; The Mouse. And no one talks back to The Mouse.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Tue May 19, 2009 7:27 am

Kornheiser is gone?
On man.
Let me get some soup so I can cry into it.
Not.
I wonder if he gets to keep the used Brett Favre jock strap he wore on Monday nights.
It would be a personal loss to him if he can't.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Tue May 19, 2009 7:31 am

IAmGhostDog wrote:
I wonder if he gets to keep the used Brett Favre jock strap he wore on Monday nights.

I thought Madden had that framed & put on a wall in his bedroom on his bus.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Hoser wrote:
IAmGhostDog wrote:

I thought Madden had that framed & put on a wall in his bedroom on his bus.

I believe Kornheiser got the "at the half" strap.
Madden got the "game" strap.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Wed May 27, 2009 9:53 am

I like the new lineup. I like Tirico and I like Jaws. Kornheiser was fine, but I hatedlistening to him and Jaws fight every. single. night. Hopefully Gruden won't have that problem.