2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:19 am

I just realized this morning that the draft happened. Thanks Idchafee. This should be a good football season.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

Darth Lex-idius vs. Obi Lex kanobi
lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
 
Posts: 2920
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:59 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 am

Currently 6-2 without watching a game. Of course they don't broadcast NFL on free to air here and I don't have foxtel. Of course I don't expect this to last :lol:
iMac 27" | 13" Macbook Pro all running Mavericks
monts
Gerbil Jedi
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 7:58 pm
Location: Western Australia (Gods Own Country for those uncertain)

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:07 pm

Who's Tackling Fuel in TR>All? I may not be the biggest football fan, but I know better than to trade the Minnesota D away for an under-producing WR that had one decent game. :lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 21255
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: WHAT?

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:Who's Tackling Fuel in TR>All? I may not be the biggest football fan, but I know better than to trade the Minnesota D away for an under-producing WR that had one decent game. :lol:


That'd be me, and you know what - I don't even remember what guy I offered you.
I'm in eight leagues and send trade offers all the time.

Also, while I'm Tackling Fuel - I'm not in the TR>All league. You might be referring to the Significant Others league. :P

edit: Reformatting this response below:
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:48 am

derFunkenstein wrote:Who's Tackling Fuel in TR>All? I may not be the biggest football fan, but I know better than to trade the Minnesota D away for an under-producing WR that had one decent game. :lol:


That "under producing WR" (Mike Sims-Walker) I offered you has more fantasy points on the season then 3 of your 4 WR's on your team. He's listed as one of the top 12 WR's for next week in SI's fantasy advice column here:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html
(look for: "WR Locks -- 110 Total Yards and/or 1 TD") So yeah, I'm a little offended that you thought I was trying to diss you with that offer.

In my opinion, Brandon Marshall is the only really good WR on your team.
I would personally consider Crayton and S.Moss (hate him) pretty much droppable in this 8 team league.

Your receivers on your team and fantasy points so far:
S.Smith(CAR): 51.5 (his QB throws better to the other team, although he finally did ok last week)
P.Crayton: 53.9 Is WR3 on the Cowboys. He's their return guy now. Miles Austin forced him down.
B.Marshall: 62.1 Is a great player, stud
S.Moss: 55.3 I dropped this guy in two others, he's not reliable, although he does have a couple big games

My team's WR's: (yes I'm stacked here, this is why I'm trying to make trades)
M.Sims-Walker: 56.7 Garrard's main target, mid WR2/high WR3, got him in my PPR league, lots of catches
D.Jackson: 97.6 (my WR1) Bigtime stud, all of his TD's are over 50yds.
M.Austin: 93.4 (my WR2) Bigtime Stud, Dallas's #1 now
A.Boldin: 45.1 currently recovering from injury, elite receiver
Calvin Johnson: 42.2 Sole bright spot on the Lions, could have huge 2nd half
S.Rice: 70.5 (my WR3) Favre's favorite target, Stud
P.Harvin: 70.8 Favre's 2nd favorite target

I want the Viking's D. I will be willing to part with any of my WR's not listed WR1/WR2/WR3 above.
That's Percy Harvin, Calvin Johnson, Sims-Walker, Anquan Boldin.

Or how about this crazy blockbuster offer:
Frank Gore
Vikings D
Brandon Marshall

for:

Calvin Johnson
Anquan Boldin
Percy Harvin
Ahmad Bradshaw (or any other RB from my team other then C. Johnson)
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm

oh yes, my WR corps suck. And I got the wrong league, my bad.

The thing is, just looking at what I have to replace Minnesota's D, I'd take a net loss in points, average, because while the new WR would be an improvement, Minnesota's D is unconscious this year. :P

Now if you propose that last trade (mostly because I've been unable to negotiate multi-player trade propsal screens successfully), there's a 94.6% chance I'll take it with a +/- of 5.4%.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 21255
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: WHAT?

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Congrats to Rolling 20's for the win in the TRBBQ league, and to my wife for getting runner up!
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil
 
Posts: 7293
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Hockeytown, MI

Re: 2009 NON-KEEPER Fantasy Football Thread

Postposted on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Congrats and Kudos to the winners!

Now, what's that phrase?

Oh yeah! Wait til next year!
Cuhulin
Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:52 pm
Location: Meridian, Idaho

Previous

Return to TR Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests