Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

NFL Superbowl XLIV - Week 6

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:02 am

Everytime I do one of these lists, I want to cry since the season is that much closer to being over.

Ah well, here goes week 6:

Sunday
Houston @ Cinci - Although Cinci is looking good, the Texans could beat them. . . . . . . .I think.
Detroit @ Green Bay
St. Louis @ Jacksonville - This might be the week St. Louis win one.
Baltimore @ Minnesota - This is gonna be a good game.
NYG @ New Orleans - Ya think??
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Washington
Philly @ Oakland - My upset pick of the week. Oakland won't do it but I had to pick someone for this role.
Arizona @ Seattle
Tennessee @ New England
Buffalo @ N.Y.J.
Chicago @ Atlanta

Monday
Denver @ San Diego

Byes: Dallas, Indy, Miami, San Fran

I hope everyone's rosters are changed and NO empty slots are to be seen!!!!!

Have a good game peoples!!
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

MixedPower
Gerbil Elite

Re: NFL Superbowl XLIV - Week 6

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:13 am

I'll make these quick this week.

Sunday
Houston @ Cincinnati
Detroit @ Green Bay
St. Louis @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Minnesota
Giants @ New Orleans
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Washington
Philadelphia @ Oakland
Arizona @ Seattle
Tennessee @ New England
Buffalo @ Jets
Chicago @ Atlanta

Monday
Denver @ San Diego
i5 4690K | Sabertooth Z97 Mk2 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | GTX 970 | 500GB 840 Evo + 500GB Spinpoint F3 | Xonar DSX | SS-660XP2 | Heligon | FT05 | U2413 + 2209WA | Corsair K90 | Logitech G502 | ProMedia 2.1 | Win 10 Pro x64

SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:51 am

I'll call it like this. I wouldn't call it like this for money, however :D.

Sunday
Houston @ Cincinnati
Detroit @ Green Bay
St. Louis @ Jacksonville
Baltimore @ Minnesota This is going to be a good game that I won't see.
Giants @ New Orleans
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh
Carolina @ Tampa Bay
Kansas City @ Washington
Philadelphia @ Oakland
Arizona @ Seattle
Tennessee @ New England
Buffalo @ Jets
Chicago @ Atlanta

Monday
Denver @ San Diego

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Damn, the Bears' 73-0 1940 thrashing of the Redskins may well be in jeopardy in Foxboro. If Belichek thinks he has a chance, he's just enough of a Ma**hole to do it.

EDIT: 5 TD passes in a quarter has to be a record, no?
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:07 pm

Most touchdown passes in a single game is 7. That's held by 5 people I believe. Brady has thrown 6 in a game before (2007). I think it might be safe to say he'll at the very least tie that. I can't imagine 5 touchdown passes in a quarter NOT being a record. That's absolutely insane. This is the optimal time to set the record. The Titans are brutal in the secondary and have a number of their starters injured.

Edit: Yep, there was number 6. 52 - 0. This is ridiculous. They're going for the records...

nerdrage
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:22 pm

And I can't watch the rest of the game, because CBS says it's not competitive enough... so I get to watch the Jets/Bills suckathon instead. :x
i5-9600K · Z390 Aorus Pro · 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 · MSI TwinFrozr HD7850 · Intel 760p 512GB · WD 1TB · HP ZR24w · Corsair VX450 · Antec Solo · Win10/Ubuntu 18.10

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:29 pm

nerdrage wrote:
And I can't watch the rest of the game, because CBS says it's not competitive enough... so I get to watch the Jets/Bills suckathon instead. :x

I hope they've at least confirmed Brady will sit for the rest of the game. I MUCH rather watch Brady and the Patriots go for an NFL record than the Jets and Bills.

EDIT: Yep, Brady out. Now we can see why New England decided Hoyer was worth keeping.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:29 pm

nerdrage wrote:

CBS also thought it was necessary to cut out the last 4 minutes of the Minnesota/Baltimore game to cut to the Bills/Jets game. Let's see......cut off the end of a close game to watch the beginning of a game. Makes no sense. :roll:
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:09 pm

I don't understand what's going on with Steve Smith (Carolina) and Kerry Collins this season, but Smith is about to be replaced in my lineup.

I would have lost in the league this week anyways cause my opponents players actually showed up this weekend, but the score could have looked a bit closer had Smith caught a TD or rack up some yardage!!!! As a FF team owner, I don't care if he has 3 broken legs at the same time . . .GO CATCH A TD!!!!! :evil:
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Kerry Collins... by asking what is wrong with him you're insinuating that something was right with him in the first place. He was a sub par quarterback last year but this year the Titans flaws are much more obvious.

As for Steve Smith... this is what happens when your team extends the contract of a horrible quarterback. He's droppable easy in fantasy, more than a few pick ups (most likely) that will provide more points.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Skrying wrote:
As for Steve Smith... this is what happens when your team extends the contract of a horrible quarterback. He's droppable easy in fantasy, more than a few pick ups (most likely) that will provide more points.

It's funny that the analysts have started adding the (CAR -WR) label to his name while leaving the (NYG - WR) off of the other, now much better Steve Smith lately.

I read someplace this morning that speculated that this was Bill Belichick's passive agressive way at getting some payback at the TEN coach who was vocal and anti-NE during Spygate.

edit: here's the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:51 pm

The Belichick, Jeff Fisher connection is ridiculous. First, a coach can't just tell his team to go pound the other into oblivion and make this type of outcome happen. They tell their team to do that every week. Second, Belichick pulled Brady after the first series of the third quarter. Third, Tennessee is simply a bad team. That game could have easily reached the 70 or 80 to 0 mark if New England had left Brady in.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:06 pm

Skrying wrote:
The Belichick, Jeff Fisher connection is ridiculous. First, a coach can't just tell his team to go pound the other into oblivion and make this type of outcome happen. They tell their team to do that every week. Second, Belichick pulled Brady after the first series of the third quarter. Third, Tennessee is simply a bad team. That game could have easily reached the 70 or 80 to 0 mark if New England had left Brady in.

I really thought that Belichick would go for the overall points record (73) and for Brady to throw 8 TDs.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

Scorpiuscat
Gerbil Elite

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:48 am

The Broncos have ridiculous second half stats.

The have outscored their opponents 76-10 in the second half and have allowed only two 3rd down conversions out of 35 attempts through 6 games.

Are there any doubters left on this team?
All civilizations become either spacefaring or extinct - Carl Sagan

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:43 am

Scorpiuscat wrote:

The have outscored their opponents 76-10 in the second half and have allowed only two 3rd down conversions out of 35 attempts through 6 games.

Me. better to be lucky than good.

Scorpiuscat
Gerbil Elite

Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:37 am

steelcity_ballin wrote:
Scorpiuscat wrote:

Me. better to be lucky than good.

Ummm.....yeah :roll:

the Broncos did get lucky in Week 1 at the Bengals. How about the 5 games since then? Did you read the stats that I posted? Thats not luck.
All civilizations become either spacefaring or extinct - Carl Sagan