How did I miss this story? Marvin Harrison.

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

How did I miss this story? Marvin Harrison.

Postposted on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:05 am

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/20100 ... n-harrison

Nixon was across the street and thirty yards away when Harrison started shooting. Pop pop pop pop pop pop—a great staccato gust of bullets. Steadily, Nixon says, Harrison unloaded both guns into the fat man's car, stippling the red Toyota Tundra with bullet holes as the fat man ducked in his seat. Eventually, the fat man sat up and sped off, heading straight toward Nixon's position as Harrison darted into the street and continued to shoot.

Now Nixon was in the line of fire. He turned and ran. He ran as fast as he could with his belly and his smoker's cough as bullets slivered through doors and lodged in walls.

Behind him, unbeknownst to Nixon, a bullet ripped through the fat man's hand. Another bullet shattered the glass of a car containing multiple adults and a 2-year-old boy. The adults instantly bailed, abandoning the little boy in the car, the glass flowering into razor-sharp petals and bloodying the boy's eye.

And yes, Robert Nixon was also hit. Once, in the back. He didn't realize it at first. Too much adrenaline. Then he scraped his left hand against his right shoulder. He felt a hole in his black T-shirt. His fingers came back stained with blood.

By this time, Marvin Harrison and the fat man had both fled.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark
PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Re: How did I miss this story? Marvin Harrison.

Postposted on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 am

It reads like seriously bad detective fiction....
pc-v600b, ss-860xp, max V gene, 3770k, 4x8gb ddr3 2400, i520 240gb ssd (os/apps), i520 480gb ssd (workspace), 2x3tb wd30efrx (raid-1) & i525 60gb ssd (cache), 2x GV-R795WF3-3GD, 2x u3014, leopold/cherry brown kb, g400, intuos5 pth650, win.7.x64.ult
edh
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:43 pm

That author must own a thesaurus!!! :roll:
JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 pm

I remember reading a lot of confusing stories about this and conflicting information (In that article, the guy's name is Nixon, but I thought the person who made the report was named Dixon, for instance)....Obviously Marvin Harrison claims that he was not the shooter, or that this never happened, but I believe the ballistics came back to a rare caliber belgian handgun, of which there are only like a dozen copies in the US (Marvin Harrison just happens to own at least one).
Turkina
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Does Marvin Harrison have to choke a bitch?
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Return to TR Sports