Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Tech Report Fantasy Sports League and general sports discussion.

Moderator: Captain Ned

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:23 am

Jigar wrote:Team members who had done well in the first race didn't do that good in the second. I am still 3rd and FF is gaining on me :(

EDIT: 46 steps down, over all 105th rank :x

Doesn't really matter. It is practice anyways.

Edit: omg rain in Sepang messed up the pecking order. Goes to show don't need all these rule changes to shake things up. :evil:
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Jigar wrote:Team members who had done well in the first race didn't do that good in the second. I am still 3rd and FF is gaining on me :(

EDIT: 46 steps down, over all 105th rank :x


Alright 3rd race was better than 2nd and i have climbed 33ranks, over all 72 PLUS, FF no more a immediate threat, well sort of, but now i have Get a Mechanical Grip behind me.

Anyway, overall better show has put me closer to SeanOnSlicks :D

EDIT: There is a good gap between 1st - 2nd - 3rd position (mini league), and tight battle at 4th and 7th position. 8)
Last edited by Jigar on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:04 pm

Jigar wrote:Alright 3rd race was better than 2nd and i have climbed 33ranks, over all 72 and FF no more a immediate threat, well sort of but now i have Get a Mechanical Grip behind me.

Anyway, overall better show has put me closer to SeanOnSlicks :D

All that is irrelevant as scores will be reset as of the beginning of next race. We will all be behind cubical10 since he won the practice round, 150 starting points I believe? We are all going to be 0. Get your last set of changes in before the "real season" starts! From this point on only 5 changes are allowed.

Congrats cubical10 as he is holding our TR torch very high up there. ;)
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:06 pm

Flying Fox wrote:
Jigar wrote:Alright 3rd race was better than 2nd and i have climbed 33ranks, over all 72 and FF no more a immediate threat, well sort of but now i have Get a Mechanical Grip behind me.

Anyway, overall better show has put me closer to SeanOnSlicks :D

All that is irrelevant as scores will be reset as of the beginning of next race. We will all be behind cubical10 since he won the practice round, 150 starting points I believe? We are all going to be 0. Get your last set of changes in before the "real season" starts! From this point on only 5 changes are allowed.

Congrats cubical10 as he is holding our TR torch very high up there. ;)


Correct, I was just enjoying my flying laps :P , I think i have a good over all team, no changes required.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 am

I didn't know techreport had F1 fans, nice! I'm a late joiner, lets see how I keep up, although I must say my pics were spanish biased =)

congrats to cubical10 on being #1 overall, impressive!
TaBoVilla
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:09 am

Last chance to sneak in your final changes before the "real" season starts, be sure to get those in!
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:04 am

Jigar wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:
Jigar wrote:Alright 3rd race was better than 2nd and i have climbed 33ranks, over all 72 and FF no more a immediate threat, well sort of but now i have Get a Mechanical Grip behind me.

Anyway, overall better show has put me closer to SeanOnSlicks :D

All that is irrelevant as scores will be reset as of the beginning of next race. We will all be behind cubical10 since he won the practice round, 150 starting points I believe? We are all going to be 0. Get your last set of changes in before the "real season" starts! From this point on only 5 changes are allowed.

Congrats cubical10 as he is holding our TR torch very high up there. ;)


Correct, I was just enjoying my flying laps :P , I think i have a good over all team, no changes required.


150 points head start gave Cubical10 an edge against me, though i am not going to go out that easy on him, look out cubical10, i am coming for you. :D
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Tue May 04, 2010 6:46 am

This Sunday is going to be fun. Any predictions ? My money is on Jenson Button, he is getting better and better.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

I am the highest ranking contestant that has not used a race points modifier in the fantasy league, hopefully I can move up a bit this weekend. I spent all my points, so I earn no interest so my team has to do well every week. Jigar I am looking at you :)

As for the race itself, Barcelona is usually not the most exciting race, but maybe it will rain. That seems to be the magic this year.

I am thinking that I might switch the pole sitter bonus to this week.
Cubical 10
I only know enough to be dangerous.

Do ubuntu? pfsense
cubical10
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 pm

cubical10 wrote:I am the highest ranking contestant that has not used a race points modifier in the fantasy league, hopefully I can move up a bit this weekend. I spent all my points, so I earn no interest so my team has to do well every week. Jigar I am looking at you :)

As for the race itself, Barcelona is usually not the most exciting race, but maybe it will rain. That seems to be the magic this year.

I am thinking that I might switch the pole sitter bonus to this week.


The 2 times TR F1 champion has not put a good fight in the first race, i hope Sikthskies makes a come back (I know you are tweaking your team :wink: ), hack i would love a good competition from everyone.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Fri May 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Can't tweak too much now we are limited to 5 moves, and that includes the bonus picks IIRC.
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Fri May 07, 2010 4:29 pm

I'll try to keep same picks all season long, unless ferrari starts breaking engines again.
TaBoVilla
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Sat May 08, 2010 1:10 am

TaBoVilla wrote:I'll try to keep same picks all season long, unless ferrari starts breaking engines again.

Moves are part of the game, I would not suggest sticking with the same picks. The days of Schumi dominating race in and race out are long gone and different teams/drivers will run in streaks. Let's hope they don't alternate then we will all be in trouble. ;)
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Sun May 16, 2010 3:50 pm

I'll take being but 8 points shy of the best no-bonus score at Monaco.
There are people that embrace the Oxford comma and people who don't. Never get between these people when drink has been taken. I use the Oxford comma and always will. The rest can sod off.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 19753
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Sun May 16, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm way down :(

Respects to F.Alonso for going 24th to 6th on one set of tires.
TaBoVilla
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon May 17, 2010 12:16 am

Captain Ned wrote:I'll take being but 8 points shy of the best no-bonus score at Monaco.

Not quite, the most no-bonus score is by Godalming F1 at 1180. ;)

Damn, I didn't bet on Red Bull, guess I am paying for it now.
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon May 17, 2010 5:51 am

I score 1168 and when i see the table i am thrown back 2 places ? :( Just see when i start rolling my bonus points 8)

EDIT: Or may i should say, Just see the end result of this season.
Last edited by Jigar on Mon May 17, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon May 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Flying Fox wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:I'll take being but 8 points shy of the best no-bonus score at Monaco.

Not quite, the most no-bonus score is by Godalming F1 at 1180. ;)

Damn, I didn't bet on Red Bull, guess I am paying for it now.


So i was just 12 points short ... hhmm,.. 8)
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:24 am

Stop using your bonus points to overtake me :x
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:58 am

Jigar wrote:Stop using your bonus points to overtake me :x

Think of it this way. If you have a good team and have not used the bonus points yet, you will be passing them eventually. Nothing beats the feeling of overtaking for the win in the last lap/corner!
Image
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24141
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 1:19 am

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Flying Fox wrote:
Jigar wrote:Stop using your bonus points to overtake me :x

Think of it this way. If you have a good team and have not used the bonus points yet, you will be passing them eventually. Nothing beats the feeling of overtaking for the win in the last lap/corner!


Agreed, but in the mean time i am taking all kind of beating from my competitors.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:30 am

Cubical10, I am baaaacckkk.... :D
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm full of fail. Nevertheless, I'll stick to my original picks season long! next year I'll play the field, but in the meanwhile, Congrats to top spots!
TaBoVilla
Gerbil Team Leader
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:37 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:39 am

My experimental team was doing quiet well, so had to edit my original team, Ferrari is out , now jigar2speed is with more steam to compete :D
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:46 pm

http://thechicaneblog.com/2010/07/25/19 ... n-on-film/

Grand Prix back when it was a manly job. Highlights are the Silberpfeile of Mercedes and Auto Union, but for me the highlight is seeing cars taking the NordKurve banking at Avus.
There are people that embrace the Oxford comma and people who don't. Never get between these people when drink has been taken. I use the Oxford comma and always will. The rest can sod off.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 19753
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Captain Ned wrote:http://thechicaneblog.com/2010/07/25/1937-gp-season-on-film/

Grand Prix back when it was a manly job. Highlights are the Silberpfeile of Mercedes and Auto Union, but for me the highlight is seeing cars taking the NordKurve banking at Avus.


Loved it, Thanks for sharing the link.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 am

Hhmm, i am having hard time keeping up with Cubical10, those 150 points head start has been biting me hard. Now the only hope is that when i shoot for double point bonus, it better hit good or else i am loser.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeQ_jVjBvg4

Fangio vs. Brabham, each with the car of their era. This was a "bonus" at the 1978 Australian GP. To see and hear a W196 would have been a once-in-a-lifetime deal. That the W196 was driven by Fangio (who damn near beat the 12 years newer Brabham) would have made this a "die happy" moment for me.
There are people that embrace the Oxford comma and people who don't. Never get between these people when drink has been taken. I use the Oxford comma and always will. The rest can sod off.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 19753
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y3OFf0ArU

America's Nordschleife, a/k/a the Pike's Peak Hill Climb. This is the winning run for 2010, some 10 seconds off the record. The Holy Grail at Pike's Peak (yet to be achieved) is a sub-10 minute run.
There are people that embrace the Oxford comma and people who don't. Never get between these people when drink has been taken. I use the Oxford comma and always will. The rest can sod off.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 19753
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Re: Formula 1 2010 Mini League

Postposted on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:21 am

Congrats to SeanOnSlicks for scoring the highest points without bonus this week.

Hhmm... you are in top 6 Sean (In the world) and my calculation says you and cubical 10 are fighting for the top spot and i am at 3rd position. Looks like double point bonus for cubical10 and me is going to play a crucial role. I hope i hit good, when i charge for that bonus.
Intel Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ @ 1.2V |ATI Radeon HD 4850| 6 GB RAM| Xtreme Music with G500 5.1 | Panasonic "TH-L42E60".
Jigar
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 4547
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to TR Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest