forum downtime 1/4/2007 10PM EST

Notices, forum rules, FAQs, and other things of a critical nature.

Moderator: Kevin

forum downtime 1/4/2007 10PM EST

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:37 pm

We're going to be doing some maintenance on the forums at 10PM eastern tonight. I don't expect the forums will be offline for more than 15 minutes or so, but it could be as long as an hour.
sroylance
TR Staff
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Boston

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo /vader
Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Core i5-3550 | EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC w/ACX | 16GB Patriot Viper DDR3-1866 | Fractal Define R4 | EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU | Dell U2712HM LCD | Win 8.1 64bit
Steam/Xbox LIVE/PSN: PerfectCr
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 7924
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:02 am
Location: Orlando, FL

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:29 pm

Out of curiosity what does maintenance mean for forums?
Damn the torpedoes , full speed ahead.

AMD X2 4200+, Asus A8N-E, 3GBs of RAM, 7900GS
king_kilr
Maximum Gerbil
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: Browsing the web far and wide.

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:41 pm

In this case, it means upgrading to a newer version of phpBB, and possibly installing some additional defenses against spammers.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37672
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 pm

just brew it! wrote:In this case, it means upgrading to a newer version of phpBB, and possibly installing some additional defenses against spammers.


That extra help against the spamming weve gotten lately would sure be a welcome addition :wink:
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.
LicketySplit
Gerbil God
 
Posts: 24535
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Soap Lake, Wa

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:09 pm

LicketySplit wrote:
just brew it! wrote:In this case, it means upgrading to a newer version of phpBB, and possibly installing some additional defenses against spammers.


That extra help against the spamming weve gotten lately would sure be a welcome addition :wink:


Agreed, although if anyone could ever come up with a method of spamming that wasn't so blatantly stupid, I might just salute them. But the only way that could happen is if spamming were to stop..... :( Oh well.
It is not who I am on the inside, but what I do that defines me.
Image
crazyjediman24
Gerbil XP
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:19 pm
Location: beneath Tristram

Postposted on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:48 pm

There were some last minute problems that I missed in my testing and we couldn't get resolved in time to get the upgrade done inside our window. Rather than start the upgrade and cause a potentially lengthy outage, we're going back to the drawing board.

Once we get the issues with the update resolved I will reschedule the downtime.

Sorry for the false alarm.
sroylance
TR Staff
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Boston

Postposted on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:06 am

Heh... I know how stuff like this goes (been in the software/IT field for the better part of 3 decades). :lol:
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 37672
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:51 pm
Location: Somewhere, having a beer

Postposted on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:13 am

sroylance wrote:There were some last minute problems that I missed in my testing and we couldn't get resolved in time to get the upgrade done inside our window. Rather than start the upgrade and cause a potentially lengthy outage, we're going back to the drawing board.

Once we get the issues with the update resolved I will reschedule the downtime.

Sorry for the false alarm.


Better to have a false alarm than the alternative. To many times I see folks plow ahead anyway and just make a bigger mess. Much better to say "Stop, it's not going to work. It will be delayed." and get it right. </end IT rant>

--SS
SecretSquirrel
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber
 
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: The Colony, TX (Dallas suburb)


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest