Asus A7M266-M Mobo

Building a new system? Need help choosing between parts? Then step in and let our trained gerbils assist you.

Moderator: JustAnEngineer

Postposted on Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 am

I am trying to find any info on this Mobo: So far Ive been only able to find the asus A7M266 mobo, but it is not exactly the same configuration like mine. Any info will be appriciated.
cbrenna1wa
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:15 pm

Did some loking around myself, and the only thing I found was at a Japanese site, so if you know someone who speaks the lingo your in luck. If you're interested the site is e-lets.net. Also checked out asus.com and the closest I found to your mobo was an A7M266-D. Did you check where you bought the board from if they have any info on it? It sounds like you've got yourself some kind of Japanese hybrid board that wasn't supposed to get to this side of the Pacific.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: newhoser on 2002-03-08 11:16 ]</font>
Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:56 am

This was an OEM board that Asus made for HP. I have it in a custom Athlon system I bought last winter from HP. Since I'm having problems with my system, I've been digging around the internet looking for any and all documents/drivers/etc on this MoBo, and the only two informative sites I've found are here:

http://null-ptr.net/a7m266-m.html

and

http://www.centrix-intl.com/a7m266.htm

Neither of which tell you much.

If you want to get a Bios update, you have to go to HP and get their most current burmuda bios update. Trust me, I've tried to use the Asus utilities, and they won't work for this board.

The AMD miniport drivers for the AGP will work (but didn't fix my problem), but that is the only non-HP MoBo component driver I've had any luck applying to this board.

Man, I'm REALLY starting to dislike custom OEM hardware.....

Regards,
<RE>
RapidEye
Gerbil In Training

A7M266-M mother board BIOS DOWNLOAD from HP - YES, REALLY.

Postposted on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:21 pm

A7M266-M mother board BIOS DOWNLOAD from HP, yes really.
A7M266-M BIOS DOWNLOAD, yes really.
A7M266-M BIOS UPGRADE, yes really.

Just trying to get this post near the top on a search for the other poor sods out there like me.

I was given the link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/soft ... =pv-7543-1

by an 'online technician'. Whether it will work for everyone or whether 'Vance' did it for me personally I don't know, so if the link doesn't work for you, go to hp.com and go through the 'contact hp' link and find the option to 'chat with online technician'. It took maybe 5mins 'til I eventually got to 'chat' with 'Vance', he of course ignored all my proddings as to why I couldn't find the above link by entering my mother board details etc.

Hands up if you hate global domineering corporations like hp as much as I do.
Cloink
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:15 pm

Moved to System Builders Anonymous.
Steel
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Return to System Builders Anonymous