Connection help with NZXT H2 case

Building a new system? Need help choosing between parts? Then step in and let our trained gerbils assist you.

Moderator: JustAnEngineer

Connection help with NZXT H2 case

Postposted on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi all,

I picked this case from the TR sweet spot build and just having trouble connecting one last connector from the case. It is relatively small connector that has two male pins and I *think* is for the fan controller (based on this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1X4k7lwEro - at exactly 10 minutes 42 seconds the connector is the one in the centre of the video that he seems to then talk about.

I have the Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 mobo and everything that I can see chassis fan related is also male. Does my mobo just not support the fan controller or am I missing an obvious connection here?

Many Thanks,
Adam
knightsy
Gerbil

Re: Connection help with NZXT H2 case

Postposted on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

I believe that is to let you power a fan with a normal molex connector. Normally I see those on fans that have LEDs which I don't know if the case has.
DrkSide
Gerbil

Re: Connection help with NZXT H2 case

Postposted on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey, I am on the NZXT Product Development team. :) That is indeed for the fan controller. Sorry about, that molex connectors can be very temperamental. :roll:
Retell
Gerbil In Training

Return to System Builders Anonymous