Sound Card Resurrection Dilema

Building a new system? Need help choosing between parts? Then step in and let our trained gerbils assist you.

Moderator: JustAnEngineer

Sound Card Resurrection Dilema

Postposted on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Everyone!

I had an X-Fi Titanium. It died and I grudgingly went back to onboard sound as I knew I was doing a full rebuild in a few months.

So a few days ago I ripped everything out of my old system and remembered the card. I give it to my dad to check and it works perfectly.

I've already opened up the new sound card I got Xonar DX and stuck it in the case.

So now I have two sound cards.

I got the DX because it was in the system guide should I keep it over the X-Fi?

I don't know enough to decide just looking at the specs. The DX is much longer and needs a power connecter which doesn't endear me to it. I know sound is subjective so i'll just have to listen to it and see.

Should I trust the resurrected X-Fi?
rogthewookiee
Gerbil First Class

Re: Sound Card Resurrection Dilema

Postposted on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Keep the DX - you know that it works fine in your system and it still has the warranty.
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Re: Sound Card Resurrection Dilema

Postposted on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:09 pm

The Sound Blaster X-Fi Ti is probably the better card, but since it let you down before and you've already got the replacement installed, give that a whirl for a while.
i7-4770K, H70, Gryphon Z87, 16 GiB, R9-290, SSD, 2 HD, Blu-ray, SB ZX, TJ08-E, SS-660XP², 3007WFP+2001FP, RK-9000BR, MX518
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Return to System Builders Anonymous